Willamette High School is ready for the start of the 2021-22 school year! Here are some key dates and information as you prepare for the first days. Be sure to use the included links for full details.
(Para traducir todas las palabras de esta página, utilice el botón del idioma localizado en la parte superior de lado izquierdo).
Wednesday, September 8th: 9th Grade and Newcomer Orientation
9th Graders – 9am to 2:10pm.
Start in Wolverine Stadium (multi-sport field on SE of campus), where students will check-in before an introductory session. The day includes small group games and activities, free lunch for all, and tours of campus. Bus transportation is available for both pick-up and drop off, or families can drop off and pick-up in the South Lot.
Newcomers – 12:30-2pm.
All 10th-12th graders who are new to Willamette are invited to attend a short welcome presentation, counselor conversation, and campus tour. Meet in the West Gym. Bus transportation is limited to post-event.
Full Schedule for both events HERE
Thursday, September 9th: First Day of Classes for All
Regular classes will begin at 8am on Thursday, and end at 3:10pm. Busses will drop-off in the North Lot (Front Office/Cafeteria side), while families need to use the South Lot (Science/Gymnasium side) for drop-off.
Students will be on an A-Day schedule Thursday and a B-Day schedule Friday. Here is the full Bell Schedule.
Class Schedules, including new login names for students, are available. Find out how to login to Home Access Center or submit schedule change requests HERE.
Student Devices – Students are expected to bring a laptop, Chromebook, or comparable personal device to classes, and many were distributed during Welcome Back Day. Cell phones are not used during class time and should be away and silent. Willamette has a Chromebook available for every student, so please contact the Media Center or Front Office if your student still needs a device.
- Vaccination and proper mask use are the top preventative measures against COVID, and their use will allow more students to safely and fully attend school.
- Masks are required to attend in-person school at all indoor locations, regardless of vaccination status.
- Outdoor activities will not require students to use masks, so long as physical distancing can be maintained.
- Keep students home who exhibit any COVID symptoms until further screening can be completed. Consult Bethel or Lane County’s COVID Resources for help.
- Communication may happen through both phone and email, so please ensure we have current contact information to ensure timely message delivery.
- Please review the documents above for more details.
Review the Bus Update if using school-provided transportation.
We will continue to provide updates through this site, emails, and phone calls as the first few weeks are sure to include updates.
Thank you for being a part of Willamette and Bethel! We are excited to continue serving our community and, most importantly, our students. Go Wolverines!