Hi Amazing Meadow View Families!
Tomorrow is the big day! Hip hip hooray for the first day of school! We are SO EXCITED to welcome all of our MV students back to campus tomorrow morning. We know that this is anything but a typical school year and it’s okay to feel a little bit upside down and twisted around. It is okay to feel nervous. This is a new experience for all of us. We are here to walk alongside you as we begin school full time, in-person, with five day a week learning! Woo hoo!
Despite the uncertainty, there is a lot of excitement for the first day of school. Teachers have been immersed in new learning, connecting with students and families and planning for a great start to the year–we just need YOU!
If you haven’t already had the chance to read through our MV Health and Safety Handbook, please take a moment to do so! All in all, we’re gearing up for a safe start to the school year; wear your mask and let’s all do our part to keep school open! As a reminder, if you are not feeling well, please stay home.
Parking Lot Reminders
With the first day of school comes lots of cars in the parking lot! Just a quick reminder about parking at Meadow View. As you know, we made a few adjustments to our current parking plan in order to reduce the likelihood of creating close gatherings on campus. Our front parking lot will continue to be dedicated to K-3 students. Families of students in grades 4-8 will continue to utilize the Bethel Park for drop off/pick up.
Here are the changes for Fall 2021:
- Students will enter through their exterior classroom doors for morning entry/afternoon exit.
- All buses will use the back parking lot
- The K-3 front parking lot will have pause parking during arrival and dismissal times.
- Parents/caregivers will remain in vehicles, pull up and drop students off curbside. MV staff will greet students at the curb and assist with getting them to class.
- K-3 parents/caregivers can also park in our front parking lot or the Bethel park if they plan to walk to their child’s classroom door for drop off/pick up.
- Please refrain from parking and waiting at the sidewalk in front of the school, use pause parking instead. We are actively trying to limit adult gatherings for health and safety purposes.
- 4-8 parents/caregivers will continue to utilize the Bethel Park for drop off/pick up. If your middle school student has a younger sibling in grades K-3 and you plan to use the front for curbside drop off/pick up, your middle school student can be dropped off with their younger sibling in the front, too.
Okay, Meadow View; less than 17 hours before the start of the school year! We only get one first day of school–let’s make it awesome! We’re ready for you!
Have a great evening and we can’t wait to see you in the morning!
Erika and Carmen