Wednesday, October 19th is Willamette High School Annual All School Testing Day. Freshmen, sophomores and juniors will take grade-level appropriate PSAT exams, while our seniors will take part in required Senior Seminars.
Why are the PSAT exams given to grades 9-11?
- PSAT exams are valuable tools for assessing career and college readiness
- Test results will be used by students and staff to identify areas of academic strength, as well as those areas which may need support
- Juniors taking the PSAT will be eligible for National Merit Scholars recognition and scholarships
- Scores obtained on the PSAT may be used to meet Oregon State Essential Skill requirements for graduation
- PSAT is great preparation for the SAT and other college entrance exams
What are Senior Seminars?
- All seniors are required to attend from 8:00-12:00
- Seniors will gain an overview of what the rest of their final year in high school will hold
- Important dates and projects for students to complete in preparation for graduation and college/career entrance readiness
- Seminars designed to prompt individual goal setting for beyond high school goals
- Local business presentation on projected local and statewide career trends for the next two to four years
What else do I need to know about October 19?
- PSAT and the Senior Seminars will start promptly at 8:00 AM (it is not a late start Wednesday) and students will be dismissed at 12: 45 PM
- Lunch will be served at 12:00, so all students have the opportunity to have lunch before dismissal
- This is a required school day for ALL WHS students
PSAT 10/11 Resources:
PSAT 8/9 Resources:
On Tuesday, September 20th we will have two events to kick off our school year: Freshmen Success Seminar (for parents of 9th grade students) and Back to School Night (for parents of students in grades 9-12). Parents are encouraged to attend with the goal of connecting with school staff who will be supporting your students throughout the year.
Please bring a copy of your student’s schedule. Schedules, grades, and attendance reports are all available by logging into Home Access Center.
Freshmen Success Seminar: 5:30, Cafeteria
Back to School Night: 6:30, Powers Auditorium
See you there!
An orientation for students NEW to Willamette High School (grades 10-12) is Wednesday September 7th in the Main Gym 1PM-3:10PM.
This is intended for students NEW to the Bethel School District and who did not attend Willamette last school year.
Today (8-28-16) Project Hope will be at Willamette (athletic field and stadium area) from 4:30-6:00 to provide Bethel students with supplies for school. Everything from the top (haircuts) to the bottom (shoes) and in between (stuffed backpacks!) for our students.
The WHS counseling team is busily working to refine student schedules so that they are ready for the first day of school!
Updated schedules will be active in the Home Access Center on Thursday, September 8th at 7:00am.
If you cannot view the schedules on the HAC at that time, then you can pick up a paper copy of the schedule on Thursday, September 8th at 7:30am in the cafeteria.