If you are the parent of a Willamette High School student, please click this link and complete a ten-minute online survey. Your feedback will help guide us as we seek to continually improve our great school.
Due to the inclement weather days, we will be extending the first semester by one week. The following changes have been made to our schedule:
- January 27th will now be an A day. This will have a ripple effect for the last two weeks of A and B days for the semester. Beginning with January 30th as a B day and ending with February 9th as a B day.
- Finals Review Days: Feb 6, 7
- Finals: Feb 8, 9
- Grading day: February 10th
- Inservice Day: February 13th
Note: The previously scheduled grading day (2-3-17) and inservice day (2-6-17) will be a school days, as noted above.
We are experiencing a high number of absences due to students being ill with what may be the flu.
If you think your child has the flu, the following will help you and help prevent others from getting sick:
- Stay at home for 24 hours until after fever has resolved without the aid of fever reducing medicines (e.g., Advil or Tylenol)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick. Maintain distance from other people to prevent the spread of illness.
- Wash hands often with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also helpful in reducing the spread of the flu.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or by coughing into the inside of the elbow. Wash hands after blowing the nose or coughing into a tissue, and dispose of tissues after use.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth to prevent the spread of germs.
- Get the flu vaccine! The flu vaccine is the best way to prevent seasonal flu.
UPDATE: Monday, January 9th Sporting Events are Cancelled
Grants Pass High School reports a new winter weather system is arriving. Both home and away (boys and girls) basketball games with them tonight are cancelled.
In the interest of student and staff safety, all Bethel schools will be closed Monday, January 9th.
While conditions on the main roads have improved overnight, the neighborhood streets and sidewalks – and school parking lots – remain covered with ice and slush.
An announcement about Monday’s evening activities will be made later today.
Todas las escuelas están cerradas el lunes, 9 de enero, debido a la nieve y el hielo.