The Willamette High School staff are excited to welcome students back to campus for in-person learning on April 5th, 2021. We have been actively preparing WHS facilities, classrooms, and student schedules to ensure a safe return to campus for students and staff.
You may have noticed some changes to student class schedules in the Home Access Center. In the hybrid schedule, all students will have classes five days per week (two days in-person and three days virtual). Students electing to participate in hybrid learning have been divided into two cohorts. Cohort A will learn on campus Monday and Tuesday while cohort B will learn on campus Thursday and Friday. In the Home Access Center, if your student has an AA at the end of the class name, then they are a part of the Monday and Tuesday cohort. If they have a BB at the end of the class name, then the student is a part of the Thursday and Friday cohort.
As an example:
- This schedule has Period 1 and Period 2 class names ending with an AA.
- This indicates that the student is in Cohort A.
- Monday, April 5th, and Tuesday, April 6th, this student would attend their 1st and 2nd period classes on campus.
- This student would take Periods 1 and Period 2 virtually on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
All 4th period classes will be conducted virtually via Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL).
Here are a few important reminders for all WHS students and their families:
- Students self-screen prior to coming on-campus. (En Espanol)
- Students may arrive on campus at 7:45am (please do not drop off students earlier).
- Students should be dropped off in the South Parking lot.
- Grab and go breakfasts will be available for all students.
- Immediately upon arrival to campus, students should go directly to their 1st period classroom.
- Lockers will not be used, and students should not congregate in the locker bays.
- There will be a staggered release of students between 1st and 2nd periods. All students should transition directly to their 2nd period class when released.
- After 2nd period, students will be offered a grab and go lunch as they quickly transition off campus for their 3rd period study hall and 4th period virtual class.
- Everyone on campus should wear a mask, maintain physical distancing, and regularly clean their hands.
Schedule Change Requests:
If students have a class change or a cohort change request, then please complete this schedule change request form and our staff will do our best to accommodate the request. Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we do our best to seamlessly transition back to in-person learning.