Hi Shasta Parents/Guardians,
Your health and safety is our top priority. As we prepare to welcome students back into the building with Hybrid instruction, it’s important that you understand what communication will take place should our school or Bethel School District have a COVID-19 event occur during in-person learning. “Events” may include positive COVID cases, outbreaks or exposures.
If a positive COVID-19 case is identified at our school, the District will coordinate with Lane County Public Health regarding communication:
- All persons determined to be exposed to a positive case through close contact will be promptly and individually notified and given directions for possible quarantine measures
- The school district nurse will work directly with the individual diagnosed with COVID and will consult with Lane County Public Health about mitigating the spread of COVID
- When an event occurs in our school or District that impacts the school or a program, families and staff will receive information via (email, alert, notification), including a description of how the school/District is responding
- If an individual from our school community has been diagnosed with COVID-19 but it has been determined that there is no potential exposure to the school community, no communication will be shared from the school or the District
As required by privacy laws, our communications will not identify a particular student or staff member as having COVID-19, or disclose other personally identifiable information about that person without their prior written consent.
We want our community to continue to be well and protect themselves against COVID-19. Here are some ways to protect your family and the school community:
- Keep children home if they are sick. Do not send them to school.
- Teach your children to wash their wash with soap and water for 20 seconds. Teach your children to cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or by coughing into the inside of their elbow.
- Teach your children to stay at least six feet away from people who are sick.
- If you have questions, contact your school nurse, healthcare provider or Lane County Public Health.
More information can be found on Lane County Public Health COVID-19 website, the Oregon Department of Education’s Ready Schools, Safe Learners page, and the Oregon Health Authority’s COVID-19 page. If you have any questions related to this communication plan, you can contact me.
Shasta Middle School Principal
Hola, padres / tutores de Shasta,
Su salud y seguridad es nuestra máxima prioridad. Mientras nos preparamos para dar la bienvenida a los estudiantes al edificio con instrucción híbrida, es importante que comprenda qué comunicación se llevará a cabo en caso de que nuestra escuela o el distrito escolar de Bethel tengan un evento COVID-19 durante el aprendizaje en persona. Los “eventos” pueden incluir casos de COVID positivos, brotes o exposiciones.