The first day of school is quickly approaching and will be Wednesday, September 8 for grades 6-8. We are so excited to welcome your students back into the building!
Before we start back at school, we wanted to give you a few items of information to help set you up for success.
Schedules – We are sorry for the delay! We have been working through some technology issues, but the schedules are available on Home Access. You will need your students’ ID (lunch number) to login. Login instructions are on the website. Click here for Home Access login instructions.
Health and Safety – To help answer questions about our health and safety practice for this year, we have created a Health & Safety Handbook. Manual de Salud y Seguridad Hibrido. Topics in the handbook include:
- Student entry protocol
- Drop off/Pick up procedures, including a map
- Meals – breakfast and lunch
- Safety: masks, classrooms, restroom use, cleaning, drinking fountains, etc.
First Day of School – The first day of school for all grades 6-8 will be Wednesday, September 8. On the first day of school, there will be plenty of adults available to help point you in the right direction, but here is the plan:
- Parent or bus drop starts at 8:40. Free breakfast (and lunch) is available for all students, including the first day.
- Students will need to know their 1st period class. If they don’t have it prior to school, they will be posted with adults available to help.
- At 9:00, sixth grade students will meet in the cafeteria; seventh grade students will meet in the gym; and eighth grade students will head to their first period class.
- Brief introduction will happen in the gym and cafeteria, then students will walk to their first period class.
- In their first period class, students will receive their full schedule.
Transportation – First Student is finalizing the bus routes this weekend. Check the link in the left taskbar for update bus routes.
Shasta Virtual Open House – On Thursday, September 23, we will be hosting a Virtual Open House on Zoom from 6:30 – 7:30. It will provide an opportunity for you to meet the teachers and ask questions. Zoom information coming soon!