Covered Play Area Coming To Irving
This is exciting news! Irving’s playground will be getting a large covered play area.
This means even when it’s raining Irving students will be able to go outside to play.
Architects and engineers visited our school this week and we finalized the location of the covered play structure, which will be built this summer near our current playground equipment.
The covered play area is being made possible through the Bethel bond measure, which was passed by voters in November 2020 and did not increase anyone’s tax rate.
Irving has already seen an improved heating system and a much-needed new roof as a result of the Bethel bond.
During the week of Feb. 14-18 , Irving will focus on and celebrate Kindness and Friendship. Students will be engaged in many fun activities throughout the week:
- School Wide Focus on Kindness-students demonstrating Kindness and Friendship will receive a Kindness card. The card will be collected by teachers and put into a drawing for some great prizes.
- Coloring Contest-students in all grades can choose to participate in a fun coloring contest
- Class activities that promote Kindness/Friendship:
- Acts of Kindness Game
- Creating Friendship cards for another student
- Class book read aloud focused on Kindness and Friendship
- Other fun class activities
Although, we won’t be focused on Valentine’s Day activities this week, if a student does happen to bring cards in, a time for them to hand out will be provided before the end of the school day.