COVID Message For Your Staff
COVID cases are beginning to reach our schools and it’s time we remind folks to double-down on the health and safety protocols, especially Physical Distancing.
While we have created the message below for you to share with your staff, you are welcome (encouraged) to share something similar but in your own words.
Lane County is moving to the COVID Extreme Risk level this Friday, just a week after being bumped up to High Risk. Here are some reasons to be hopeful and some words of caution.
- Hybrid instruction has been in place for weeks and it is making a difference in the lives of our students academically, socially, and with their mental health.
- Your leadership by example has been incredible. You have been terrific adjusting to the new in-person protocols, effectively engaging with students online, and continuing your communication with families. Your ability to roll with the flow is so impressive!
- Keeping our guards up and continuing to emphasize the health and safety protocols cannot be over-emphasized. The COVID variant spreads easily and is currently being felt in our community.
- Most of the staff has been vaccinated, but student COVID cases are growing. If the county infection rate is any indication, we should expect more cases involving our students.
- Physical distancing must be reinforced. Masking is working, sanitizing is working, but we cannot relax when it comes to physical distancing, this includes recess and outdoor activities and simple moments like lining up. In some cases it will determine whether an entire cohort will need to be quarantined, or just a single student.
I believe we can continue to welcome students into our building and still prevent the spread of COVID.
Let’s be really vigilant about physical distancing as we make our way through this latest COVID spike.
Blog Posts for You
Host Home Program Seeks Partners For Bethel Youth
(This one is already posted on the homepage if you want to get a copy)
County Moves to Extreme Level; Hybrid Instruction To Stay In Place
(This one is also already on the homepage, updated from the message when we moved into High Risk last week)
Bethel Community Bike Ride
May is Bike Month, and the City Of Eugene Active Transportation Committee is leading this Bethel family-oriented bike ride on Saturday, May 8th staring 2:00 pm.
The 3-mile loop will begin and end at Shasta Middle School, guiding families to Golden Gardens Park and along the new Jessen Path. It will include a treasure hunt for the kids.
Mayo es el Mes de la Bicicleta, y el Comité de Transporte Activo de la Ciudad de Eugene lidera este paseo en bicicleta orientado a la familia de Bethel el sábado 8 de mayo a las 2:00 pm.
El circuito de 3 millas comenzará y terminará en Shasta Middle School, guiando a las familias al Golden Gardens Park y por el nuevo Jessen Path. Incluirá una búsqueda del tesoro para los niños.
Kalapuya Plant Sale Reminder
One of the most popular events each spring is coming up Saturday, May 8th. The annual Kalapuya Plant Sale will offer hanging flower baskets, and fruit, vegetable and flower starts grown by Kalapuya High School students.
The sale from 10:00-3:00 at KHS will rely on donations so money doesn’t have to physically change hands.
Click here for the list of fruits, vegetables and flowers available.
And click here for details on some health and safety guidelines in place during the plant sale.
All proceeds support the KHS farm-to-school program and educational opportunities on the Bethel Farm.
Uno de los eventos más populares de cada primavera es el sábado 8 de mayo. La venta anual de plantas de Kalapuya ofrecerá cestas de flores colgantes y frutas, verduras y flores cultivadas por los estudiantes de la escuela secundaria de Kalapuya.
La venta de 10: 00-3: 00 en KHS se basará en donaciones para que el dinero no tenga que cambiar físicamente de manos.
Haga clic aquí para ver la lista de frutas, verduras y flores disponibles.
Y haga clic aquí para obtener detalles sobre algunas pautas de salud y seguridad vigentes durante la venta de la planta.
Todos los ingresos apoyan el programa de KHS de la granja a la escuela y las oportunidades educativas en la Granja Bethel.
April 29 – Student Vaccination Clinic at WHS
April 30 – Elementary Principal Work Session
May 5 – EEA Bargaining
May 5 – EEA Bargaining Agreement
Glow In The Dark Wall
Here’s an idea you can create for an Art classroom, Science class, or at your next (post-COVID) school carnival. Yet another great video from Mark Rober.