Welcome Back, Clear Lake!
(Para traducir todas las palabras de esta página, utilice el botón del idioma localizado en la parte superior del lado izquierdo)
Hello Clear Lake Families,
We hope you had an amazing summer! We miss you and are getting excited for the upcoming school year. Bethel continues to plan for students to return to our buildings five days a week. Clear Lake staff can’t wait to welcome our students and families back to our school.
We know that our families and community have experienced the pandemic in different ways. This fall, we are ready to meet our Clear Lake students where they are, celebrate their strengths, and take this next step together. We are here to support all of you!
Clear Lake Staff Updates
As we get ready for the year, we want to introduce you to the newest members of our staff.
- Nikole Anderson, 4th Grade
- Jasnery Fletcher, 4th Grade
- Jesse Harrington, 5th Grade
- Sarah Hudson, Counselor (We now have a full-time counselor at Clear Lake!)
- Elise Kampfer, 3rd Grade
- Kim Liebenberg, Title
- Jeanelle Mahle, PE
- Heather Vincent-Placencia, Lifeskills
- Alice Viles, 5th Grade
Start of the 21-22 School Year
Like we said above, Bethel continues to plan for a 5-day a week on-site school schedule with the first day of school being Wednesday, September 8th. HERE is a link to the 21-22 District Calendar.
We know you are all wondering about health and safety updates and what your child’s school day will look like. In the coming weeks, you can expect details about the student day, class lists, Meet the Teacher, plans for arrival/dismissal, parking, breakfast and lunch, and health/safety protocols. Stay tuned to this blog and we will update you all ASAP.
Our current plan for the Clear Lake school day will be 9:00 AM-3:05 PM, with the doors opening at 8:45 AM. We hope to release the official schedule soon, so stay tuned.
Kindergarten Smart Start
Bethel School District, along with Clear Lake, is excited to welcome your child to our Kindergarten Smart Start program this fall. This program was thoughtfully designed to provide your child with a caring, welcoming start to their kindergarten school year and a successful K-12 school experience in Bethel. Here’s what you can expect:
First Week of School: Kindergarten Camp
- Kindergarten Camp will take place during the first week of school
- Students will attend only one full day of Kindergarten Camp, either:
- Wednesday, September 8th
- Thursday, September 9th
- Students will not be assigned a specific teacher yet
Parent Meetings: No School
- On Thursday evening, class lists are determined by the Clear Lake Kindergarten Team and Administration
- Friday and Monday are reserved for parent/teacher meetings
- There will be no school for kindergarteners on Friday, September 10th and Monday, September 13th
- You will be contacted Thursday evening or Friday morning (9/9 or 9/10) to confirm your parent meeting time
Second Week of School: Staggered Start
- Starting on Tuesday, September 14th, kindergarteners will attend half days at Clear Lake
- Your child will attend either the AM or PM half of the school day the second week of school
Full Day Kindergarten
- Starting on Friday, September 17th, all Bethel kindergarten students will attend the full day of school
We’ll be making calls to our incoming Clear Lake Kinder Families over the next few days to gather lots of information. During our conversation, you will be notified of your child’s Kinder Camp day, request a Parent Meeting time, and indicate your Staggered Start AM/PM preference.
Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at the Clear Lake office at 541-689-0511.
Enjoy the last few weeks of summer and we can’t wait to see you!
-Evan Rindy, Principal