(Para traducir todas las palabras de esta página, utilice el botón del idioma localizado en la parte superior del lado izquierdo)
Clear Lake Families,
Due to the increase of Covid-19 cases in our area, there have been many Health and Safety questions about the upcoming school year. Here are a few details about our plans at Clear Lake. Please keep in mind that these procedures could change depending on guidance from The State.
- In accordance with the Oregon mask mandate, students and staff will be required to wear face coverings at school. Students do not have to wear a mask at recess and we will be working with staff and students to ensure physical distancing while playing outside.
- Each classroom will have a mask break area set up.
- We will be cohorting students to the greatest extent possible. (staying in classroom groups in all areas of the school including recess and lunch)
- Breakfasts will be served in individual classrooms.
- We will eat outside when we can, and each classroom will have its own lunch area in the cafeteria. Each class will take one side of the cafeteria and be physically distanced while eating.
- Students will be physically distanced in classrooms, maintaining 3 ft between students to the extent possible.
- We will continue to disinfect high-touch surfaces, promote frequent hand-washing and hand sanitizing. Teachers will continue to prioritize and encourage hand washing throughout the day as appropriate.
- All heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems continue to maximize outside air circulation in schools and buildings. Air filters are maintained and replaced, as necessary, to ensure the proper function of HVAC systems.
Next week, we will share more details about our Health and Safety procedures as well as drop-off and pick-up information. We are planning for school hours to be from 9:00 AM to 3:05 PM. Our doors will open at 8:45 each morning. Due to our strict cohorting and supervision requirements, we will not be able to have students arrive on campus before 9:40 AM so please plan accordingly.
Meet the Teacher Night at Clear Lake
We are planning for an outdoor “Meet the Teacher Night” this Thursday, September 2. Students and families will have an opportunity to meet their teachers and learn more about plans for this fall. Masks will be required for all attendees. For added safety, we are staggering times for families to attend.
5:00-5:30 Students with last names beginning with A-K
5:30-6:00 Students with last names beginning with L-Z
We hope to see you all on September 2nd for Meet the Teacher Night.
Once again, we will provide all needed school supplies to every Clear Lake student free of charge. No need to purchase basic school supplies at all. Families will need to provide their own backpacks, but if you need assistance with this please contact our office at (541) 689-0511.
We are excited for the upcoming year and can’t wait to see you all! Please continue to follow this blog closely as more updates will be posted soon.
Principal, Clear Lake