Hello Clear Lake Families,
Read below for an update about Music and PE as well as information about Parent-Teacher Conferences.
Para obtener la versión en español de este sitio web, haga clic en el cuadro Idioma en la esquina superior izquierda.
Music and PE
Music and PE at Clear Lake are being offered both live, via Zoom, and online, through digital lessons in Seesaw and Google Classroom.
Our music teacher, Lori Kelley, joins classroom Zoom sessions once a week to provide live music lessons for our students. Our PE teacher, Casey White, is also offering optional live PE Zoom sessions outside of the classroom Zoom times. Watch for the links and schedule in your student’s PE Seesaw or Google Classroom page.
All students also have PE and Music lessons to work on at home on the following days each week:
For our first trimester, all students will receive passing grades in Music and PE. Starting in December, students’ PE and Music grades will be based on the online digital lessons. This may change when we begin Hybrid learning and students return to the building.
These online digital lessons can be found in either the Music and PE Seesaw classes or, for the grades that are using it, in Google Classroom.
If you have any questions or trouble accessing these lessons, please reach out to our Music and PE teachers Lori Kelley, firstname.lastname@example.org (Music) or Casey White, email@example.com (PE).
You can also contact our office at (541) 689-0511 with any questions or concerns.
Parent-Teacher Conferences are Around the Corner!
We are preparing for conferences with families and as with most things this year, we will be doing conferences differently than in years past. Here are some of the changes:
- Conferences will take place over the course of one week (November 16, 2020-November 20, 2020) (instead of over 2 days).
- Conferences will be via ZOOM or phone (instead of in person).
- Report cards will not be completed prior to conferences. They will be mailed home in early December.
- Teachers will reach out to families with available times to conference and times may vary by teacher.
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020, will be a no school day for students (no ZOOM classes). Teachers will have late afternoon/early evening conferences times available on this day.
Our teachers look forward to meeting with families in the next few weeks and we hope that you are able to prioritize these meetings, setting aside a few minutes to check-in and celebrate your child’s success in Comprehensive Distance Learning. Teachers will reach out with scheduling information soon.