Square 1 Art fundraising orders are due Wednesday, March 22.
Purchasing these one-of-a-kind items featuring your child’s original artwork is a great way to support Irving and show your child how much you love their artwork. And they make great presents and keepsakes for you, your kids and your loved ones.
If ordering online, go to www.square1art.com/shop and enter the access code found on the back of the catalog that was sent home with your student last week.
If you have misplaced your catalog: please ask for your child’s access code at the front office.
On Friday, the Square 1 Art Fundraising catalogue was sent home in Friday Folders. The Square 1 Art Fundraising catalogue features your child’s original artwork. Make your young Winslow Homer or Georgia O’Keeffe feel like an accomplished artist by purchasing keepsakes for the whole family! All online and paper order forms must be turned in by Wednesday, March 22. If ordering online, go to www.square1art.com/shop and enter the access code found on the back of your student’s catalogue.
As a thank you for participating: each child receives a sheet of stickers imprinted with their artwork – FREE! And, the class with the most dollars collected per student will get a Classroom Frozen Yogurt Party.
Profits from this annual fundraiser support Irving PTO activities, such as Arts Attack, music programs, field trips, library books, school parties and more. Support your school PTO and show your child how much you love their artwork!
School Safety Tip Line
Irving Elementary is joining all Bethel schools in signing up to Oregon’s new School Safety Tip Line. The goal is to stop harmful behavior before it occurs by encouraging reports of threatening behavior. Tips can be submitted using a phone, email, text, or through the website. Go to http://safeoregon.com/about/ for more information.
Línea de consejos de seguridad escolar
Irving Elementary se está uniendo a todas las escuelas de Bethel al inscribirse en la nueva línea de sugerencias de seguridad escolar de Oregon. El objetivo es detener los comportamientos dañinos antes de que ocurran alentando informes de comportamiento amenazante. Las sugerencias se pueden enviar mediante un teléfono, correo electrónico, texto o en el sitio web. Vaya a http://safeoregon.com/about/ para obtener más información.
New: Webpage Translations
Every page on the Bethel School District website now has a language translation option. Go to the Bethel homepage and look for the Translate box on the right side. Bethel is a diverse community serving families whose native languages include Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish, Punjabi, Tagalog, and more, and the District is pleased to be able to communicate with everyone.
Nuevo: Traduciónes de Paginas Web
Cada pagina de la pagina web del Distrito Escolar Bethel ahora tiene la opción de traducción de idiomas. Vaya a la pagina principal de Bethel y busque la caja de Traducción a la derecha. Bethel es una comunidad diversa sirviendo a familias cuyos idiomas nativos incluyen Ruso, Japones, Chino, Vietnamita, Español, Punjabi, Tagalo, y mas, y el Distrito esta satisfecho en poder comunicarse con todos.
Kidsports Soccer and Lacrosse
Register now for the soccer and lacrosse seasons with Kidsports. Scholarship assistance is available. Click here for more information.
Kidsports Fútbol y lacrosse
Regístrese ahora para la temporada de fútbol y lacrosse con Kidsports. Becas disponibles. Haga clic aquí para más información.
Try it Thursday Program
Bethel School District Food Services is partnering with OSU Extension to offer the “Try it Thursday” Program. Students get the opportunity to try out a new food or recipe. This past Thursday students got to try a Barley, Bean, and Corn Salad. Check out the recipe here. You can also find simple, healthy, and budget friendly recipes on the Food Hero Program Website at:
Fourth grade students, along with their Teachers, Ms. Cacan and Ms. Perrigo braved the cold and wet weather to clean up the school garden and get it ready for planting this spring. Irving is a level one Green School and has put forth new efforts toward sustainable practices including participating in the Love Food Not Waste program. Students at Irving participate in composting their food at lunch each day.
Fun Learning and Team Work
Students in Mrs. Moss and Ms. Cacan’s classroom work together to solve a group mystery. Mrs. Moss was the recipient of a Bethel Education Foundation Grant for the purchase of a program called Breakout. The Breakout game involves students working together to unlock a series of locks. Students must use the contents and clues they are given to find the combinations to the locks. Breakout has connections to content being taught in the classroom such as social studies, math, and reading!
This Friday, February 24th is our Irving PTO 80’s Family Dance Party!
Bring the whole family to enjoy a fun evening from 6:00pm to 8:30pm. Suggested donation is $5 per family.
- There will be a professional DJ with awesome sound & lights and a FREE Photo Booth!
- Your students will be onstage doing the Electric Slide and the Wolverine Pageant Contestants will be performing for us.
- Corn Dog dinners are available for $2.50 and Ice Cream Treats for $1.
- We have some great Silent Auction and Raffle items including:
- One week at Jordan Kent Skills Camp
- “Mom’s Delight” Basket including lots of awesome goodies
- A Massage & Facial at Pearl Day Spa
- Hair Cut & Weaves from One Stop Hair & Beauty
- Fabulous items from Real Deals
- Zumba Classes
- A Session of Golf or Tennis lessons from TGA
- Gift Certificates for ‘More of Everything’
- And Much More!
- There will be a Neon 80’s Store with light-up rings & necklaces, bright fedoras, flashy sunglasses, moustaches and more for .25 to $2.50. Supplies are limited.
- Don’t miss out on the Contests with Prizes:
- Adult & Child Dance Contest – Most Awesome Big Hair Contest (boy & girl) – Lip Sync Contest & Air Guitar Contest for Kids & Adults
- The Costume Contest is only for “Groups or Families” so gather your friends and come up with a fun theme: Preppies, Rock Stars, Footloose, Jazzercise, The Go Go’s, Prom Court or anything else you can think of.
We would like to thank our Corporate Sponsors for their support: Oregon Community Credit Union and Renee Kittrell at Camerelle Real Estate
The Irving PTO still needs volunteers to set-up at 1pm in the gym and to help out during the event and for clean-up. Please contact Donnita at 541-913-5272 if you can assist.
Donations are being accepted for the Silent Auction and Raffle. Please bring items to the school office.
Thank you so much to everyone who has volunteered and made donations to support this event.
We look forward to a Rockin’ Good Time!
Just a reminder that parent/teacher conferences are scheduled for tomorrow. Students will be released tomorrow at 11:30.
Here is more information about the rescheduled conferences:
- If you had an original meeting time scheduled for one of the previous Thursdays that were snowed out, you will keep that same time for January 26th.
- If you were not able to schedule a conference time on the previous dates, or need to make changes to your conference time please call the Irving Office at 541-688-2620 or email your child’s teacher.
- Your child’s On-Track For Success Report will be shared with you during your conference time.
- January 26th will be a half-day of school in order for teachers to meet with all the scheduled parents. Release time on January 26th will be 11:30am.
- Friday, January 27th, will be a regular full day of school.
Thanks very much for your continued patience. We look forward to a great turnout for conferences on January 26th and we’re counting on Mother Nature playing along this time!