Shasta Middle School
Grades: 6 through 8
Phone: (541) 688-9611
Fax: (541) 689-9382
Address: 4656 Barger Dr. Eugene, OR 97402
School Hours: 9:10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Driving instructions: Beltline Road to Barger Drive. West on Barger.
Eighth grader Jacob Burris is one of six young Doernbecher patients selected to design their own Nike shoe and apparel for the 12th annual Nike “Doernbecher Freestyle” program. Over a year ago, Jacob was diagnosed with coarctation, a congenital heart defect, and taken to Doernebecher Hospital in Porltand for surgery. While there he was nominated (and later selected) to design his own Nike shoe for charity. All proceeds go the hospital to help those in need. Click here to read more about Jacob in the Register Guard.
Welcome to the opening of what promises to be a wonderful school year! At this time of year, there is great anticipation of what is to come, and I am just as excited for school to start as the staff, students, and parents. At Shasta, we continue to work hard to ensure all students are successful.
Our staff is committed to working with students and their families as a team. The rigorous curriculum is directly aligned to the Oregon State Standards. To help each child achieve to his/her fullest potential, the school provides both enrichment and intervention supports for students. We believe in knowing each child by “name and need.”
Thanks again for your continued support of the Bethel community and passing the Bond Measure in 2013. We are still seeing the positive impact at Shasta today! This summer we had new carpet installed in each of the 6th grade rooms, with a new coat of paint on the walls too. Each of the bathrooms were updated with new stalls and paint. Finally, new bleachers will be installed soon in the main gym!
I believe that strong community-school relationships are essential to high academic achievement. You can always contact your child’s teacher with any concerns you may have, but know that I am available to meet with you in person or talk to you over the telephone to discuss any concerns you may have. I look forward to a great year and to meeting all our new children and their families.
- Registration – August 19-20th from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the cafeteria.
- First day of school – September 8th
- Open House – September 24th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Shasta parents are encouraged to register for the new school year on August 19th and 20th.
Shasta’s office will be open on the 19th and 20th from 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Parents will be asked to update their children’s registration and health information, complete the home language information form and a field trip permission form.
Parents of new public school students are asked to bring their children’s immunization record.
For more information call the school office at 541-688-9611.
A link to our school supply list can be found in the Shasta Links column on the right side of this page.
We are quickly approaching the last day of school! Here is a list of the upcoming events:8th Grade Events
- 8th Grade Departure Ceremony PRACTICE – Wednesday, June 10th at 1:15 p.m.
- 8th Grade Departure Ceremony – Wednesday, June 10th at 6:30 p.m. in the Willamette High School Main Gym. Doors will open at 6:00 p.m.
- 8th Grade Dance – Wednesday, June 10th following the Departure Ceremony at Shasta Middle School. It will go from 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
End of the Year Events
- 6th/7th grade students will have half day events in the afternoon on Wednesday, June 10th.
- Last day of school – June 11th is the last day of school. It is a half day schedule 9:10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. We will have an assembly in the morning with various events, followed by the yearbook signing.