Hi Shasta Families,
Here’s great news before the school year starts: our district is restoring two days to the end of the school calendar that had been designated as Budget Reduction Days.
The District was able to restore those days next June thanks to slight underspending at the end of the last school year, and slight increases in expected revenue.
This leaves 3 Budget Reduction Days remaining:
• October 13 (a Teacher Inservice Day when students wouldn’t attend anyway)
• November 22 (day before Thanksgiving holiday)
• June 18
I’ll send you a revised school year calendar in two weeks after it is officially approved by the School Board. Meanwhile, this news is a real boost for everyone and the excitement is building for the start of the school year at Shasta.
Welcome to the opening of what promises to be a wonderful school year! At this time of year, there is great anticipation of what is to come, and I am just as excited for school to start as the staff, students, and parents. At Shasta, we continue to work hard to ensure all students are successful.
It’s time to register your student(s) for school – Registration is August 16th and 17th from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the cafeteria.
Other important dates to mark on your calendar:
• Meet and Greet – Wednesday, August 30th from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. – Come pick up your students schedule, meet the teachers, and tour the campus.
• First day of school – Tuesday, September 5th
• Open House – Thursday, September 21st at 6:30 p.m.
Shasta 8th grade science students make waves at Echo Hollow Pool and land on KVAL nightly news. If you missed the broadcast last night, click here for the full story: http://kval.com/news/local/shasta-students-sink-or-swim-in-cardboard-boats
Congratulations to all our students for a job well done!
With so much going on the last few days of school, we wanted to let you know all the fun and exciting activities happening here at Shasta!
- Tuesday & Wednesday, June 13-14 – 8th Grade Boat Field Trip at Echo Hollow (1:30-3:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, June 15 – 8th Grade Camp Harlow (9:15-3:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, June 15 – 7th Grade Bowling (12:30-3:30 p.m.)
- Friday, June 16 – 8th Grade Recognition Ceremony at WHS (6:30-8:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, June 20 – Last Day – All students will be on a full day schedule, with lunches being served (9:10-3:30)