Bethel School District has become aware that some students are absent because of a respiratory illness. From the information we have at this point, it appears that the illness might be caused by influenza or “flu”.
If you think your child has the flu, the following will help you and help prevent others from getting sick:
- Stay at home for 24 hours until after fever has resolved without the aid of fever reducing medicines (e.g., Advil or Tylenol)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick. Maintain distance from other people to prevent the spread of illness.
- Wash hands often with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also helpful in reducing the spread of the flu.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or by coughing into the inside of the elbow. Wash hands after blowing the nose or coughing into a tissue, and dispose of tissues after use.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth to prevent the spread of germs.
- Get the flu vaccine! The flu vaccine is the best way to prevent seasonal flu.
Click here for more information regarding the flu, its symptoms, and how serious it can be.
We are happy to tell you that we have rescheduled the student led conferences that were postponed twice due to snow. These conferences are very important and we’re determined to provide the opportunity for you.
Our new make-up day for conferences will be Thursday, January 26th. Two weeks’ notice will allow families time to make arrangements with work or child care in order to attend their meeting.
Here is more information about the rescheduled conferences:
- If you had an original meeting time scheduled for one of the previous Thursdays that were snowed out, you will keep that same time for January 26th.
- If you were not able to schedule a conference time, or need to make changes to your conference time, contact the homeroom teacher by calling the school at 541-688-9611 or email the teacher directly (Shasta staff email).
- Your child’s On-Track For Success Report will be shared with you during your conference time.
- January 26th will be a half-day of school in order for teachers to meet with all the scheduled parents. Release time on January 26th will be 12:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 27th, will be a regular full day of school.
Thanks very much for your continued patience. We look forward to a great turnout for conferences on January 26th and we’re counting on Mother Nature playing along this time!
In the interest of student and staff safety, all Bethel schools will be closed Monday, January 9th.
While conditions on the main roads have improved overnight, the neighborhood streets and sidewalks – and school parking lots – remain covered with ice and slush.
An announcement about Monday’s evening activities will be made later today.
All Bethel schools are on a 2-hour delay Friday, January 6th.
Buses will pick up students 2 hours later than the normal time.
With a 2-hour delay, the start of classes at Shasta will be 11:10.
A cold breakfast will be available and a hot lunch will also be served.
Dismissal will be at our regular time, 3:30.
Some side roads and sidewalks are slick, and caution is urged on the morning commute. Parents are encouraged to use their best judgement about their child’s school attendance.