Grades: 6 through 8
Phone: (541) 688-9611
Fax: (541) 689-9382
Address: 4656 Barger Dr. Eugene, OR 97402
Driving instructions: Beltline Road to Barger Drive. West on Barger.
Shasta’s No-Referral Party will be held on Friday, May31st, from 9:15 – 11:30. This party is for students who have not received a negative referral from March 11th through May 30th. Sign-up sheets have been handed out in homeroom class and also can be viewed and printed out by clicking on sign-up Students have several activity choices that are both on and off campus. Students MUST sign-up Tuesday or Wednesday during lunches in order to attend either off campus or on campus activities. Both money and permission slip must be turned in no later than Wednesday May 29th. This is a first come, first serve and there is a limited number for participants at each location.
FIREHOUSE COFFEE FUNDRAISER
2185 Cubit St. (Across from Winco)
Shasta Middle School Graduation Party
Saturday May 18th
Hot or Iced Drinks Included
50% of all proceeds go towards
the Shasta 8th grade graduation
(No flyer needed)
Dear 8th Grade Shasta Family,
The end of the school year is fast approaching and we are busy getting ready for the 8th grade year end activities. This letter should provide you with information on the upcoming activities. We ask that you read through it completely, keep the “List of Important Dates” handy, and return the “Volunteer Checklist” to your student’s homeroom teacher. Shasta Middle School will be holding its annual 8th Grade Departure Ceremony and Celebration on Wednesday, June 12th. The 8th grade students and their teachers will also be participating in a fun filled day at Camp Harlow on Monday, June 10th.
THE CELEBRATION EVENING ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12 IS SPLIT INTO TWO ACTIVITIES:
- Departure Ceremony: This will take place at Willamette High School in the Main Gym, starting at 6:30 pm. The Departure Ceremony consists of recognition and awards, entertainment, and a Certificate of Completion for each student.
- The Eighth Grade Celebration: This will take place at Shasta Middle School, following the Departure Ceremony. It will feature a dance, activities, and snacks. The celebration will end promptly at 10:30.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE DEPARTURE CEREMONY AND CELEBRATION:
- The rehearsal for the Departure Ceremony will be on June 12, from 1:15-3:30pm. It is VERY important all students attend for the entire rehearsal.
- All clothing MUST meet Shasta’s dress code guidelines and should reflect high standards and modesty. Students failing to adhere to the dress codes standards WILL NOT be allowed to participate in the 8th grade celebration. (Bare shoulders, low cut tops and short hem lines are inappropriate for these events.)
- The ceremony is NOT a semiformal or formal affair. Nice school clothing is encouraged for the evening.
- As stated in this letter, certain disciplinary actions may result in the privilege of attending the celebration (and/or other year end activities) to be revoked. Examples of behavior that may exclude students from participating in these events are: referrals for dangerous behavior, profanity towards staff, harassment, theft, vandalism, or excessive referral action.
- If students leave the celebration for any reason, they WILL NOT be allowed back inside.
- No guests from other schools are allowed at the celebration.
- Power Station Video will be will be recording the festivities. DVDs will be available for $15.
MEMORY LANE: As previously mentioned, the Departure Ceremony includes a “Memory Lane”. We would like your assistance in preparing for this presentation. Please provide finished poster boards (22X28) with pictures of your student growing up through the years. Please make your student’s name CLEARLY visible on the front of the poster and deliver them to Shasta Middle School office by Monday June 10th. To ensure that your photos do not get damaged, we suggest that you use copies rather than the actual prints.
CAMP HARLOW: 8th grade students will be spending a fun filled day at Camp Harlow on Monday, June 10th. 8th grade parents will be serving a BBQ lunch to all of the students. Included activities are swimming, miniature golf, go-karts, basketball, etc.
- Each homeroom will need to provide at least TWO parent volunteers to help with the Camp Harlow event. We will need help throughout the entire day and especially with lunch prep, serving, and clean-up.
- Chaperones will need to be preapproved with the Shasta office in order to attend. If you have not already completed a volunteer form with the last three years at Shasta, you will need to do so prior to the field trip.
- The cost of the Camp Harlow event is $10.00 per student. This fee includes the price of the location rental, the bus, and all activities. PLEASE TURN IN YOUR $10.00 FEE TO THE OFFICE PRIOR TO JUNE 3RD
- Buses will leave for Camp Harlow after students arrive at 9:10am and have checked into their homeroom class. Students will return to Shasta in time for students to catch the buses at 3:30pm.
Shasta’s PTO and 8th Grade Parent group have organized some fundraising opportunities in order to keep the cost at $10.00 per child. We are also soliciting business sponsorships and food donations from local vendors. If you know of a vendor or business that would like to contribute, please let us know. If you would like to assist, but do not have time to volunteer, financial donations are greatly appreciated. This will help us provide a memorable experience for our students and recognize them for all of the great things they have contributed.