Here is the latest on the Willamette Graduation location.
The weather forecast for Friday is not good. I have pushed back the final decision until Thursday morning on whether to keep the ceremony outdoors at Wolverine Stadium or move it indoors into the Main Gym, which seats fewer people.
The goal is to ensure our graduates have a memorable commencement experience, and that is where we need your understanding and cooperation. Please do not call to ask for exceptions to the details listed below.
IF the ceremony is moved indoors, here are the details:
- Doors to the Main Gym will open at 5:30 with the ceremony staring at 6:30.
- Limited Space: Due to the limited number of seats, only black tickets will provide admission to the graduation ceremony in the Main Gym. Each graduating student has been provided 6 black tickets. Please understand that unfortunately there can be no exceptions.
- All attendees must have a black ticket to enter either Main Gym and a white ticket to enter the live stream viewing in Powers Auditorium.
- Strollers, car seats and balloons will not be allowed into the Main Gym or Powers Auditorium.
- Live Stream Viewing Parties: Many families are wisely considering viewing parties from the comfort of their homes or in satellite locations. The link for the live stream is:
- Willamette Live Stream Viewing: The ceremony will be broadcast via a live stream in Powers Auditorium. Only white tickets will gain admission to this venue. You must have a white ticket to enter Powers Auditorium. Space is limited in these locations and as such, seats will be provided on a first come, first served basis. Saving seats is not permitted in any of our venues.
Again, the final decision won’t be determined until Thursday morning. I will give you an update as soon as possible.
Thanks for your patience and understanding because try as we might, Mother Nature is difficult to influence, even in circumstances like this!
Graduation is nearly upon us! We always hope for an outdoor ceremony as it accommodates more guests, but the weather forecast for Friday has not been looking favorable.
The decision on whether to hold graduation outdoors or indoors must be made on Wednesday to allow all the set-up to take place. The reason for moving the ceremony inside is several fold, including our equipment that must stay dry and the metal chairs for graduates and guests would be a safety hazard.
If the forecast moves the ceremony into the Main Gym, the number of guests allowed in the gym will be limited to 6 guests (per graduate). I will share the details in a future post, if we need to move inside. In the meantime, let’s hope for a shift to good weather on Friday!
For now, an outdoor ceremony is our plan. Here are a couple details to remember:
- Gates will open at 5:15 with the ceremony starting at 6:30.
- Live Stream Viewing Parties: Many families are wisely considering hosting viewing parties so all family and friends can enjoy the ceremony. We will post the link to the live stream on the blog (here) and on our school Facebook page.
We are looking forward to Friday evening as we honor our Class of 2019.
Willamette High School will host a Career and College Knowledge Night open to all students and families in Lane County.
When: Wednesday, May 15th, 6:00-8:00 pm
Where: Willamette High School (1801 Echo Hollow Road, Eugene), Main Gym and West Gym, park in the south lot.
What: Over 22 colleges and universities will be in attendance, 30 businesses and 7 military organizations will be represented.
Why: Learn about different colleges, meet potential employers and learn about summer job opportunities.
We look forward to seeing you there! We will have translators on site to assist, as needed.
Willamette High School Theatre presents, Peter Pan, A Musical Adventure! The legend of Peter Pan has been delighting children for over 100 years and this faithful new version is a festive adventure, perfect for the whole family. Please join Peter and the Darling children as they are whisked away to Neverland where they encounter a host of colorful characters, including the dastardly Captain Hook!
When: May 9th, 10th, and 11th
Where: Willamette High School, Powers Auditorium
Time: Doors open at 6:15, and the show starts at 7:00pm
Tickets: Available at the door: $6 for staff/students and $8 for general admission, Kids 6 and under are free
Peter Pan, una aventura musical!
Willamette High School Theatre presenta, Peter Pan, ¡Una aventura musical! La leyenda de Peter Pan ha encantado a los niños durante más de 100 años y esta nueva versión fiel es una aventura festiva, perfecta para toda la familia. Únete a Peter y a los niños Darling mientras se los llevan a Neverland, donde se encuentran con una gran cantidad de coloridos personajes, ¡incluido el cobarde Capitán Hook!
Cuándo: 9, 10 y 11 de mayo.
Dónde: Escuela Secundaria Willamette, Auditorio Powers
Hora: Las puertas se abren a las 6:15, y el espectáculo comienza a las 7:00 pm
Boletos: disponibles en la puerta: $ 6 para el personal / estudiantes y $ 8 para la admisión general, los niños de 6 años y menores son gratis
Hanging baskets, organic vegetable starts, perennial flowers, and more are available at the annual Kalapuya Plant Sale, Saturday, May 11th.
Flower baskets, zinnias, peppers, tomatoes, bush beans, squash, and succulents are some of the plants available at Kalapuya High School (1200 N. Terry) from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. You are encouraged to get there early for this popular event.
Proceeds from this plant sale support the hugely successful agriculture program at Kalapuya.
Venta de plantas de Kalapuya High School
Cestas colgantes, inicios de vegetales orgánicos, flores perennes y más están disponibles en la venta anual de plantas de Kalapuya, el sábado 11 de mayo.
Cestas de flores, zinnias, pimientos, tomates, frijoles, calabacines y suculentas son algunas de las plantas disponibles en Kalapuya High School (1200 N. Terry) de 9:00 a.m. a 2:00 p.m. Le animamos a llegar temprano para este evento popular.
Las ganancias de la venta de esta planta apoyan el exitoso programa de agricultura en Kalapuya.