Willamette High School Attendance Office
Willamette High School has a goal that every student has a 95% attendance rate. To achieve this goal, a student cannot miss more than eight school days the entire year. Showing up for school, on time, every day, has a significant impact on a student’s academic success starting in kindergarten and through high school.
Even in high school, families play a key role in making sure students get to school every day. There are a number of ways families can support improved attendance:
- Log in to Home Access Center (HAC) and have weekly conversations with your child about grades and attendance
- Sign up for email alerts from HAC when a student misses class
When a student misses class, families will receive an automated phone call that afternoon. If this happens, have a conversation with your child about the importance of attendance.
We realize some absences are unavoidable. We also know that when students miss too much school, regardless of the reason, it can cause them to fall behind. Absences can add up quickly and we don’t want your child to fall behind in school and get discouraged. Here are a few practical tips to help support regular attendance:
- Ensure your child goes to school every day unless they are truly sick.
- Avoid scheduling doctor’s appointments or vacations when school is in session. If you must see a doctor, take an early or late appointment so your child can attend a large part of the school day.
- Talk to school staff for advice if your child feels anxious about going to school.
- Develop back-up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, neighbor, or another parent to take your child to school.
Instructions to log on to Home Access Center
If your child must miss school due to sickness, please notify the Attendance Office within 72 hours of the absence. There are two ways to make the notification. You may contact the Attendance Office by phone at 541-689-0734 or by email at WHSattendance@bethel.k12.or.us. Please provide the following information:
- Name of person calling and relationship to the student
- First and last name of the student (When calling, please spell the last name)
- Student ID number if you have it
- Date(s) and period(s) of absence/tardy
- Reason for absence/tardy
- Phone number of the person calling
For medical/dental appointments scheduled during the school day, please notify the Attendance Office by 8am to arrange for the student to be excused from class. Messages may be left the evening before the scheduled absence.
If you have a planned absence that will extend past three days, please pick up a Pre-Arranged Absence Request from the Attendance Office. The request needs to be completed one week prior to the first day of the absence.
Please contact us with any questions. Go Wolverines!