Welcome to the opening of what promises to be a wonderful school year! At this time of year, there is great anticipation of what is to come, and I am just as excited for school to start as the staff, students, and parents. At Shasta, we continue to work hard to ensure all students are successful.
It’s time to register your student(s) for school – Registration is August 16th and 17th from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the cafeteria.
Other important dates to mark on your calendar:
• Meet and Greet – Wednesday, August 30th from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. – Come pick up your students schedule, meet the teachers, and tour the campus.
• First day of school – Tuesday, September 5th
• Open House – Thursday, September 21st at 6:30 p.m.
Shasta 8th grade science students make waves at Echo Hollow Pool and land on KVAL nightly news. If you missed the broadcast last night, click here for the full story: http://kval.com/news/local/shasta-students-sink-or-swim-in-cardboard-boats
Congratulations to all our students for a job well done!
With so much going on the last few days of school, we wanted to let you know all the fun and exciting activities happening here at Shasta!
- Tuesday & Wednesday, June 13-14 – 8th Grade Boat Field Trip at Echo Hollow (1:30-3:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, June 15 – 8th Grade Camp Harlow (9:15-3:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, June 15 – 7th Grade Bowling (12:30-3:30 p.m.)
- Friday, June 16 – 8th Grade Recognition Ceremony at WHS (6:30-8:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, June 20 – Last Day – All students will be on a full day schedule, with lunches being served (9:10-3:30)
Our next PTO meeting has been reschedule for Tuesday, June 13th. We will be meeting in the Media Center from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. We hope to see you there!
Music from Bethel students, community booths, a flea market, food, and games will be featured at the annual We Are Bethel Celebration this Saturday at Petersen Barn Park. Admission is free and the fun starts at noon and ends at 4:00 p.m.
Música de los estudiantes de Bethel, cabinas comunitarias, un mercado de pulgas, comida y juegos serán presentados en la celebración anual We Are Bethel este sábado en Petersen Barn Park. La entrada es gratuita y la diversión comienza al mediodía y termina a las 4:00 p.m.
Family & Neighbor Day at the Bethel Farm
Join us for free bike blender fruit smoothies, farm tours, kid activities, a cooking demo, food samples, and more! Saturday, June 10th from noon to 4:00. The Bethel Farm is located in the field between Prairie Mountain and Kalapuya schools. Click here for more information.
Únete a nosotros gratis batidos de frutas, tours de granja, actividades para niños, una demostración de cocina, muestras de alimentos, y mucho más! Sábado el 10 de junio, 12:00-4:00. La granja del Bethel se localiza en el campo entre las escuelas de la montaña de la pradera y de Kalapuya. Haga clic aquí para obtener más información.