Protect Yourself From The Flu
Bethel School District has become aware that some students are absent because of a respiratory illness. From the information we have at this point, it appears that the illness might be caused by influenza or “flu”.
If you think your child has the flu, the following will help you and help prevent others from getting sick:
- Stay at home for 24 hours until after fever has resolved without the aid of fever reducing medicines (e.g., Advil or Tylenol)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick. Maintain distance from other people to prevent the spread of illness.
- Wash hands often with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also helpful in reducing the spread of the flu.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or by coughing into the inside of the elbow. Wash hands after blowing the nose or coughing into a tissue, and dispose of tissues after use.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth to prevent the spread of germs.
- Get the flu vaccine! The flu vaccine is the best way to prevent seasonal flu.
Click here for more information regarding the flu, its symptoms, and how serious it can be.