Parents of incoming kindergarten students who will start school in September have an an opportunity to meet our Principal and have an introductory tour of our school.
Tuesday, February 7th, 10:00-10:30
Thursday, February 16th, 10:00-10:30.
If you are new to Prairie Mountain school and would like to attend a tour, please call our office to indicate which session you would like to attend. We look forward to meeting you!
We are experiencing a high number of absences due to students being ill with what may be the flu.
If you think your child has the flu, the following will help you and help prevent others from getting sick:
• Stay at home for 24 hours until after fever has resolved without the aid of fever reducing medicines (e.g., Advil or Tylenol)
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when sick. Maintain distance from other people to prevent the spread of illness.
• Wash hands often with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also helpful in reducing the spread of the flu.
• Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or by coughing into the inside of the elbow. Wash hands after blowing the nose or coughing into a tissue and dispose of tissues after use.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth to prevent the spread of germs.
• Get the flu vaccine! The flu vaccine is the best way to prevent seasonal flu. Continue reading
Hi Prairie Mountain Families,
We are excited to share the District’s finalized plans to make up lost classroom time due to the six Snow Days and two Delayed Starts we’ve already experienced. These changes will allow Prairie Mountain students to recover meaningful instructional time without putting a big dent in family summer plans.
The new schedule is attached, and here are the changes:
- February 13 (previously a high school no-school day) will become a school day for all district
- February 20 (Presidents Day) will become a school day for all students
- March 3 (previously a no-school day for K-8 students) will become a school day for all students
- Monday June 19th, and Tuesday June 20thwill be full school days for K-11 students (seniors will
- June 20thwill now be the last day of school for students (it will be a full-day, not an early release)
- If we have additional Snow Days this winter they may be added to the calendar after June 20th
To access this blog in Spanish, please click here.
We are happy to tell you that we have rescheduled the parent-teacher conferences that were postponed twice due to snow. These conferences are very important and we’re determined to provide the opportunity for all families.
Our new make-up day for conferences will be Thursday, January 26th. We’re hopeful that two weeks’ notice will allow families time to make arrangements with work or child care in order to attend their meeting.
Here is more information about the rescheduled conferences: Continue reading
Prairie Mountain Families,
To access this blog in Spanish, please click here.
Happy 2017 to all! It has been an unusual start to the New Year given the interesting weather, and we are excited to have students and families back in the building.
I’d like to recognize our Prairie Mountain Band students and their director Casey Crane for their wonderful performance in the Winter Concert in December. Thank you for sharing your music with us!
And, we’d like to acknowledge the vital work of our Prairie Mountain custodial staff and our Bethel facilities and maintenance personnel who devoted hours in December and January to addressing weather-related issues around our building and school grounds. Special thanks also goes to our head secretary Krista Larson who helped tremendously on inclement weather days in our front office. Thanks for all you do to help our school!
As you may imagine, our January calendar is changing quite a bit. We will be working quickly to get updated information out to families, so please stay tuned.
Thursday, Jan. 19: On the Path to Graduation Night: We invite all our 7th and 8th grade students and families to attend this important evening from 7:00pm-8:00pm in our Caforium as we talk with students about preparing for success in the coming years. Willamette High School administrators will join us to talk about high school preparation and graduation. Snacks, childcare, and Spanish/English interpretation will be available. Please do plan to attend as we look ahead at the important years ahead.
The PTO Meeting and Math Night (originally Jan. 10) has been rescheduled to Tuesday, January 24th from 5:30-7:00pm in our Caforium. All are welcome, and the evening includes music from Jazz Band, pizza, childcare, and information on our math standards and curriculum.
The following events have been postponed and a new date will be published soon:
Parent/Teacher Conferences (originally Dec. 8/Jan.5—Postponed)
4th Grade Music Performance (originally Jan. 12)
Prairie Mountain Talent Show (originally Jan. 29)
Last, our PTO has published a newsletter to share with our school community. To access the fabulous first edition of the Prairie Mountain PTO newsletter, please click here for English and here for Spanish.