Cold and Flu Season Has Arrived
We are experiencing a high number of absences due to students being ill.
If your child is sick, the following will help you and help prevent others from getting sick:
- Stay at home for 24 hours until after fever has resolved without the aid of fever reducing medicines (e.g., Advil or Tylenol)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick. Maintain distance from other people to prevent the spread of illness.
- Wash hands often with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also helpful in reducing the spread of the flu.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or by coughing into the inside of the elbow. Wash hands after blowing the nose or coughing into a tissue and dispose of tissues after use.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth to prevent the spread of germs.
- Get the flu vaccine! The flu vaccine is the best way to prevent seasonal flu.