The big day is just around the corner! Please make plans to come to our school this Friday and Saturday for PM PTO’s Winter Bazaar. We have dozens and dozens of amazing vendors lined up who will be selling a wide array of terrific products. There will absolutely be something for everyone. There is no admittance charge, so come one come all, and bring a friend! Thank you for supporting our amazing hard working Prairie Mountain PTO. For all the details, check out this Winter Bazaar (PDF) flyer.
Friday December 6th: 4:00-7:00
Saturday December 7th : 9:00-3:00
We are embarking on a new fundraising effort here on the Mountain. Valley River Center wants to help Prairie Mountain earn cash for our school. It’s so easy! Here’s how it works:
Shop, dine or see a movie at Valley River Center, turn in your receipts online (link below) and earn points to help Prairie Mountain earn CASH! Prairie Mountain will earn five (5) points for each dollar spent at any Valley River Center store or restaurant. We have the chance to earn between $200 and $2000!
How to Turn In Your Receipts:
Submit your original receipts online at SHOPANDLOG.COM/VRC. They will accept images of digital or paper receipts, but these receipts must be dated between October 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020.
- Steps on exactly how to do this:
School Cents Program Rules:
- Qualifying receipts must be dated, and logged in between October 1, 2019 – March 31, 2020.
- To credit Prairie Mountain, you need to simply: Submit receipts from shopping, dining or going to the movies at Valley River Center at COM/VRC.
- Smart Phone Quick Tip: Access the receipt form just like an app by adding it to your Home Screen!
- iPhone: click on box with up arrow at the bottom of your screen, then choose Add To Home Screen.
- Android: click on the three dots on the top right of your screen and choose Add To Home Screen.
- Prairie Mountain will receive at least five (5) points for every dollar spent on all purchases from Valley River Center stores, restaurants, and theatre.
- Anyone can support our school in the School Cents program!
- Tell your friends and family
- Share this on your social media feed
- Stores CANNOT collect receipts from customers for your school.
- Receipts left by customers at food merchants are trash and should not be collected to be submitted for points.
- Shoppers CANNOT be solicited for receipts on shopping center property.
- Payment on store credit accounts, credit card statements and photocopies of receipts are not accepted – original receipts only.
This is a great opportunity to earn money for our school. We hope that you will take part in these efforts to shop, dine, or be entertained at Valley River Center all the while earning cash for the Mountain!
The 2019 Prairie Mountain Jog-a-thon is right around the corner and the hallways are buzzing with excitement! Our amazing PM K-5 Jog-a-thon will be held this Friday, September 27th from 12:30-1:30 (Jog-a-thon running schedule was sent in Tuesday folders).
In order to raise as much money as we can to support our PTO and the Prairie Mountain School community, the Prairie Mountain PTO now has an online fundraising option for families. Families can now go to 99pledges and submit online donations for a student. Just follow this link, type in your student’s First and Middle name, and Last initial, put in your donation, submit payment, and viola’, it’s that easy! However if one doesn’t not want to pay online, students will continue to have the option to collect pledges and donations with the Jog-a-thon envelopes that we have used in the past. These envelopes were sent home in Tuesday folders on 9/17/19.
Last year our K-5 students raised $5330.46! Our goal this year is to raise at least $6500, and we know that we can do anything when we all work together!
Early this morning I checked our 99Pledges website and it looks as if we have raised $2,100! Wow! Nice job EAGLES! Let’s keep this up. I know that we can make our goal of $6500 by our deadline of October 3, 2019.
We want all students to have access to engaging learning and experiences during their time on the Mountain. Your donations and pledges will help in supporting our staff and all students. Thank you for your support!
I would like to thank everyone who attended our first PTO meeting of the year last night. We had over 30 people attend! This is a true testament of our families’ commitment to our students, staff, and school community. I was so pleased to see familiar faces and to meet new Prairie Mountain families. During our meeting, we talked about PM’s PTO mission, PM PTO Projects, Project Leader guideline, and PTO meeting structures.The slides below are the slides shown and discussed last night. If you weren’t able to make it, no worries! We always make sure to post PTO meeting slides that were discussed. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me, and thank you again for your support.
We would like to send out a special thank you to the companies that donated snacks, gum, fresh fruit and vegetables, bottled water, and hardware to create our snack shacks. It was because of you, that we were able to make testing week a rewarding, positive, and meaningful week for our students.
Thank you to:
• Emerald Fruit and Produce
• Bigfoot Beverages
• McDonald Wholesale
• Winco Foods
• Cash and Carry
With your help we were able to serve over 500 students fresh fruit and vegetables, granola bars, teddy grams, jolly ranchers, gum, and water during our 3-8th grade state testing weeks. Teachers and students were so appreciative of your amazing generosity. These snacks were a huge success because we were able to nourish our kids as they worked diligently on doing their very best on their state assessments. Kudos to these businesses, for understanding the importance of giving back to their communities. We are so thankful and appreciative of your generous spirit.
Thank you again for all that you do for our community, students and their families.