Families with a student who will be entering kindergarten in the fall are invited and encouraged to attend our kindergarten open house Thursday, February 9th. We are offering two sessions, from 2:45-3:45 and again from 6:00-7:00. You are welcome to attend either session.
Kindergarten Open House is an opportunity for you to meet Prairie Mountain administrative staff and kindergarten staff, as well as learn more about what a typical kindergarten day looks like. Additionally, you will be able to complete pre-registration paperwork, which will greatly streamline the time you spend enrolling your student at all-school registration in August. To thank your for attending, we have a free book for you to share with you child.
New to Prairie Mountain? Tours of our school are offered February 7th or February 16th from 10:00-10:30. Please call our office to let us know which tour you would like to attend. 541-607-9849
Parents of incoming kindergarten students who will start school in September have an an opportunity to meet our Principal and have an introductory tour of our school.
Tuesday, February 7th, 10:00-10:30
Thursday, February 16th, 10:00-10:30.
If you are new to Prairie Mountain school and would like to attend a tour, please call our office to indicate which session you would like to attend. We look forward to meeting you!
We are experiencing a high number of absences due to students being ill with what may be the flu.
If you think your child has the flu, the following will help you and help prevent others from getting sick:
• Stay at home for 24 hours until after fever has resolved without the aid of fever reducing medicines (e.g., Advil or Tylenol)
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when sick. Maintain distance from other people to prevent the spread of illness.
• Wash hands often with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also helpful in reducing the spread of the flu.
• Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or by coughing into the inside of the elbow. Wash hands after blowing the nose or coughing into a tissue and dispose of tissues after use.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth to prevent the spread of germs.
• Get the flu vaccine! The flu vaccine is the best way to prevent seasonal flu. Continue reading
Hi Prairie Mountain Families,
We are excited to share the District’s finalized plans to make up lost classroom time due to the six Snow Days and two Delayed Starts we’ve already experienced. These changes will allow Prairie Mountain students to recover meaningful instructional time without putting a big dent in family summer plans.
The new schedule is attached, and here are the changes:
- February 13 (previously a high school no-school day) will become a school day for all district
- February 20 (Presidents Day) will become a school day for all students
- March 3 (previously a no-school day for K-8 students) will become a school day for all students
- Monday June 19th, and Tuesday June 20thwill be full school days for K-11 students (seniors will
- June 20thwill now be the last day of school for students (it will be a full-day, not an early release)
- If we have additional Snow Days this winter they may be added to the calendar after June 20th
To access this blog in Spanish, please click here.
We are happy to tell you that we have rescheduled the parent-teacher conferences that were postponed twice due to snow. These conferences are very important and we’re determined to provide the opportunity for all families.
Our new make-up day for conferences will be Thursday, January 26th. We’re hopeful that two weeks’ notice will allow families time to make arrangements with work or child care in order to attend their meeting.
Here is more information about the rescheduled conferences: Continue reading