School Supply Distribution is Friday
Rain or shine, Meadow View, we’re ready for our School Supply Distribution event this Friday! Our amazing EAs have been working hard to bag up student supplies and math workbooks with care. Our Meadow View K-8 School Supply Distribution pick-up will be this Friday, September 18th from 8am-6pm.To pick up your students’ supplies and Ready Math Workbooks, please drive up to the MV front parking lot sidewalk anytime between 8am-6pm Friday, September 18th. An MV staff member will meet you at your car window to get your student’s name and grade level, grab their supplies from inside and deliver your child’s CDL learning kit curbside. We ask that you remain in your vehicle throughout this process.
The school supply kits have materials for every student to use to engage in Comprehensive Distance Learning and their Ready Math books that they will need for class. If you aren’t able to pick up your supplies on Friday you can call our MV office at 541-607-9700 to make an appointment! We’ll get you all set up.
We will also have free school meal boxes available on Friday between the hours of 11:00am-1:00pm during our School Supply Distribution event on Friday. If you would like a box, please do your best to come during this time. When there, just let us know you need one! We’ll deliver it to your car. The normal Bethel meals program will offer free grab-and-go meals at schools each Tuesday and Friday between 11:00am-1:00pm. We are so excited that MV will be a food site during CDL!
A message from Terry Foytek, MV School Counselor
We want to connect our families to community resources and check-in with you about potential needs you might have at this time. If your family is in need of clothing/shoes, food boxes or mental health services, please take a moment to complete the form below. Your responses are confidential and are returned to Meadow View’s School Counselor, Terry Foytek. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Foytek at 541-607-9701 ext 2645 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more about Seesaw and Google Classroom?
Meadow View students will be using the Seesaw and Google Classroom online platforms as part of their Comprehensive Distance Learning. Primarily K-3 will be using Seesaw, 4-5 will be using mostly Google Classroom and potentially some Seesaw, 6-8th graders will be using all Google Classroom. All classrooms, K-8, will utilized Zoom for live learning, too.
(K-3) What is Seesaw?
Seesaw is a learning management platform for teaching and learning. Teachers can empower students to create, reflect, share, and collaborate. Students “show what they know” using photos, videos, drawings, text, PDFs, and links.
Parents/Guardians are invited to create a parent/guardian account and check out the student account to support engagement at home.
Bethel has posted Seesaw Resources (in Spanish and English) on the district webpage. Click below for quick access:
- Seesaw Videos click: HERE.
- Seesaw Written instructions: HERE.
- Seesaw’s informative Youtube channel: HERE.
- A few helpful video links from the Seesaw Youtube channel:
(3-8) What is Google Classroom?
Google Classroom is a learning management platform that provides a digital delivery of learning activities, measures learning and enhances connections with students. The content and lessons are designed by teachers. Parents are invited to access their student’s account to support engagement at home.
Bethel has posted Google Classroom Resources (in Spanish and English) on the district website. Click below for quick access:
Meadow View YMCA – OPENING!
(Keep reading for more information from our YMCA Partners…)
We have openings in our onsite Meadow View Program. We started the program on Monday and are figuring out a routine before distance learning begins next week.
- We are offering a 5 day/week option at this time.
- Monthly tuition will be $725/mo for members and $735/mo for community members. There is a $50 registration fee ($80 total if you have more than one child registering).
- The programs start September 14th – September tuition is prorated down to $455/$465 to reflect this.
- At this time, we are only registering people for care through December 18th (tuition is prorated down to $490/$500) because we would like to re-evaluate the status of the pandemic and the safety regulations it requires, what schools are doing at that time, and adjust programs/locations/tuition rates as needed before asking you to confirm care for the rest of the school year.
- Hours of care are 7:30am to 5:30pm. Drop off in the morning will be from 7:30am to 8:30am. Pick up hours are 3:30pm to 5:30pm. All other drop off and pick up times will need to be pre-arranged with on-site staff.
- To view current health and safety guidelines, click here. These will be kept up to date as the State of Oregon makes adjustments.
- There will be support provided for comprehensive distance learning.
- If you would like to apply for financial assistance, click here. We will also be able to accept payments from DHS for all sites.
If you have any questions – let us know! 541.686.9622 or email@example.com