We are happy to tell you that we have rescheduled the parent-teacher conferences that were postponed twice due to snow. These conferences are very important and we’re determined to provide the opportunity for you.
Our new make-up day for conferences will be Thursday, January 26th. Two weeks’ notice will allow families time to make arrangements with work or child care in order to attend their meeting.
Here is more information about the rescheduled conferences:
- If you had an original meeting time scheduled for one of the previous Thursdays that were snowed out, you will keep that same time for January 26th.
- If you were not able to schedule a conference time on the previous dates, or need to make changes to your conference time, please call the school at 541-461-6421 or email your child’s teacher.
- Your child’s On-Track For Success Report will be shared with you during your conference time.
- January 26th will be a half-day of school in order for teachers to meet with all the scheduled parents. Release time on January 26th will be 11:15am.
- Friday, January 27th, will be a regular full day of school.
Thanks very much for your continued patience. We look forward to a great turnout for conferences on January 26th and we’re counting on Mother Nature playing along this time!
Nuestro nuevo día de conferencias será el jueves, 26 de enero. Las dos semanas de anticipación permitirá que las familias puedan hacer los arreglos necesarios con el trabajo o cuidado de niños en orden de poder atender la conferencia.
Aquí les comparto más información sobre las conferencias reprogramadas:
- Si usted tenía una hora programada para su conferencia para un jueves en que nevó, usted se quedara con el mismo tiempo para el 26 de enero.
- Si usted no pudo programar una hora para su conferencia en las fechas anteriores, o necesita hacer cambios en su hora de la conferencia, por favor llamé a la escuela al 541-461-6421 o envié un correo electrónico a el maestro/a de su hijo.
- El Reporte de “On-Track For Success” (En-Camino al Éxito) será compartido durante la hora de conferencia.
- El 26 de enero del 2017 será un medio día en orden de que los maestros puedan reunirse con todos los padres programados. El tiempo de salida será a las 11:15 am.
- Viernes, 27 de enero, será un día regular y completo de escuela.
Muchas gracias por su continua paciencia. ¡Anticipamos con emoción una gran participación para las conferencias del 26 de enero y estamos contando con la madre naturaleza que no caiga nieve esta vez!
Directora de Escuela
Elementaria de Malabon
In the interest of student and staff safety, all Bethel schools will be closed Monday, January 9th.
While conditions on the main roads have improved overnight, the neighborhood streets and sidewalks – and school parking lots – remain covered with ice and slush.
An announcement about Monday’s evening activities will be made later today.
All Bethel schools are on a 2-hour delay Friday, January 6th.
Buses will pick up students 2 hours later than the normal time.
With a 2-hour delay, start time for classes at Malabon will be 10:15.
A cold breakfast will be available and lunch will be served.
Dismissal will be at our regular time, 2:15.
Some side roads and sidewalks are slick, and caution is urged on the morning commute. Parents are encouraged to use their best judgement about their child’s school attendance.
Los autobuses recogerán a los estudiantes por la maňana dos horas más tarde de lo normal.
Con un retraso de 2 horas, las clases comenzarán a las 10:15.
Un desayuno frío estará disponible, también se servirá un almuerzo caliente durante el día.
La salida de clases será a nuestra hora regular, a las 2:15.
In the interest of student and staff safety, Bethel School District schools will be closed Thursday, January 5th due to the ice and snow. All evening activities are also cancelled.
Today’s K-8 Parent-Teacher Conferences are also postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
The City of Eugene has issued an ice-snow emergency, asking us to stay off the roads. And the forecast calls for frigid temperatures throughout the day Thursday, which means the slick driving conditions are not expected to significantly improve.
This will be the 5th Snow Day in Bethel and winter has only just begun. We have also had one 2-hour delay.
As a result, days will need to be made-up during the week of June 19th. The number of make-up days has not yet been determined, but please make plans now for all Bethel schools to be in session that week.
All Bethel schools will be closed Wednesday, January 4th, due to snow.
In the interest of student and staff safety, all of Wednesday’s evening activities are also cancelled.
The District hopes to resume classes on Thursday, January 5th, which will be a half-day due to parent-teacher conferences.
Todas las escuelas están cerradas debido a la nieve miércoles, 4 de enero. Esperamos que la escuela se reanude el jueves 5 de enero.