Square 1 Arts Fundraiser
It’s the final days of our Square 1 Arts fundraiser. The school benefits from every order to help continue art classes and so much more.
Paper forms are due this Friday, the 22nd. Online orders can be placed to the 29th. To order online click here and enter online access code from order form.
Your child’s artwork is the perfect gift for any occasion or celebration. Don’t miss out on this wonderful keepsake.
The next Irving PTO Meeting is tonight, Wednesday March 20th from 6:30-7:30pm in the library. PTO meetings are a great opportunity to get involved and find out about school events. Hope to see you tonight at the PTO meeting.
Thanks for your patience while it was determined how we could make up the school days lost to the snow.
We will be restoring three days to the calendar in June.
- The last day for students was supposed to be Thursday, June 13, a half day. Now students’ last day will be Tuesday, June 18th and it will also be a half day.
- FYI, Willamette’s graduation will remain June 7th
Irving staff still needs to meet to determine what – if any – adjustments need to be made to our end-of-the-year activities, such as field trips. I will keep you up to date with any changes.
The three additional school days may conflict with summer vacation plans. In some cases that is unavoidable. But, it is important to provide as much learning time as we can for our students, so we want as many children in school as possible.
Finally, the plan for additional days isn’t yet official. It will go to the School Board for final approval on April 8th, but we do not anticipate any changes by the Board.
Bethel School District is now accepting Transfer requests for the coming school year.
Click here to submit a Transfer request. http://www.bethel.k12.or.us/enrollment/
Transfer applications will be accepted through March 31, and must be renewed every year.
- Students who were admitted to their current school through the Open Enrollment process that was used the last several years are permanent and no further action is needed.
- Students who transferred after this school year started – and all future transfers – will need to submit a transfer request.
Beginning this fall, transfers will be necessary for students seeking to attend a school other than their “neighborhood school” or for new out-of-district students to enroll in Bethel on a space-available basis.
Families will be notified in early April about whether their transfer requests for the coming school year have been approved.
Bethel aceptando solicitudes de transferencia
El Distrito Escolar de Bethel está aceptando solicitudes de transferencia para el próximo año escolar.
Haga clic aquí para enviar una solicitud de transferencia. http://www.bethel.k12.or.us/enrollment/
Las solicitudes de transferencia se aceptarán hasta el 31 de marzo y deben renovarse cada año.
· Los estudiantes que fueron admitidos en su escuela actual a través del proceso de inscripción abierta que se utilizó en los últimos años son permanentes y no necesitan hacer nada.· Los estudiantes que se transfirieron después de que comenzó este año escolar, y todas las transferencias futuras, deberán enviar una solicitud de transferencia.A partir de este otoño, las transferencias serán necesarias para que los estudiantes asistan a una escuela que no sea su “escuela del vecindario” o para que los nuevos estudiantes de fuera del distrito se inscriban en Bethel en función del espacio disponible.
A las familias se les notificará a principios de abril sobre si sus solicitudes de transferencia para el próximo año escolar han sido aprobadas.
You are invited to attend Irving’s Family “Camp-In” Literacy Night this Thursday, March 7th from 5:00-6:30pm. This is a free family event. Dinner will be served from 5:00-5:30. Irving staff encourages your family to participate in an exciting literacy night with a “Camp-In” theme. Families can play various literacy games, make bookmarks, enjoy treats while reading at our reading campground. Each child who attends will receive a free book of their choice. Looking forward to seeing Irving Families on Thursday.
Every Bethel school is open and starting on time today, Friday, March 1st.
Buses are on their normal schedules and school dismissal will be at its regular time.
Our parking lot is still very wet with large piles of snow, so drivers are asked to please exercise caution and bring extra patience.
Todas las escuelas de Bethel están abiertas y comienzan a tiempo hoy, viernes 1 de marzo.
Los autobuses están en sus horarios normales y la salida de la escuela estará en su horario habitual.
Nuestro estacionamiento todavía está muy mojado con grandes montones de nieve, por lo que se les pide a los conductores que tengan cuidado y traigan paciencia extra.