At Bethel School District, our first priority is protecting our students, families and staff. We will be following the guidance of the Oregon Department of Education, the Oregon Health Authority and Lane County Public Health. Here are the key principles for reducing potential exposure:
- Physical distancing: Minimize close contact (less than 6 feet) with other people.
- Hand hygiene: Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Cohorts: Students will be organized in small groups that remain together over time with minimal mixing of groups.
- Protective equipment: Staff will wear face shields or coverings.
- Environmental cleaning and disinfection: Staff will regularly clean contact surfaces in our buildings.
Tips to remember:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice good respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you’re sick.