Clear Lake Health Room
Please click on the link to learn about Winter holiday resources in our area:
Please click on the link to learn about measles and symptoms:
What will exercise do for you?
Exercise does so many great things for you, that you may not be aware of them all. Exercise is a simple solution for:
- Stress, weight problems, depression, menstrual cramps, boredom, conditioning of the heart and other muscles
Exercise also builds self-confidence, self-esteem, and feels great.
How can I help my child exercise more?
- Limit TV time
- Have your child play games with other children. They can play tag, have foot races, go skating, swimming, or play basketball
- If you have a pet, it can be your child’s job to take it out for exercise everyday
- Go for a family walk or bike ride
- See if your child would like to join a school or community sports team
- Your child may be interested in non-competitive activities like yoga, karate, or dance. Check in your community for classes
Halloween Safety Tips
Halloween is coming soon and to ensure your kids safety this holiday, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has put together these tips:
All Dressed Up:
Plan costumes that are bright and reflective. Make sure that shoes fit well and that costumes are short enough to prevent tripping, entanglement, or contact with flame.
Obtain flashlights with fresh batteries for all children and their escorts.
Carving a Niche:
Small children should never carve pumpkins. Children can draw a face with markers. Then parents can do the cutting.
Home Safe Home:
To keep homes safe for visiting trick-or-treaters, parents should remove from the porch and front yard anything a child could trip over such as garden hoses, toys, bikes, and lawn decorations.
Restrain pets so they do not inadvertently jump on or bite a trick-or-treater.
On the Trick-or-Treat Trail:
A parent or responsible adult should always accompany young children on their neighborhood rounds.
Only go to homes with a porch light on and never enter a home or car for a treat.
These are just a few of the tips that AAP offers. Please visit http://www.aap.org/advocacy/releases/octhalloween.htm for the entire list.
Heart Healthy Kids Day on October 26th
Please click on link for event information: http://www.bethel.k12.or.us/health/files/2019/10/Heart-Healthy-One-Page.pdf