MEMO 181 – JV CHEER COACH AT WILLAMETTE HIGH SCHOOL
Teaching Positions available are yet to be determined.
Willamette High School seeks a highly qualified individual to serve as the Junior Varsity Cheer Coach. A successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- High ethical and professional standards
- The presence to be a role model for high school student athletes and the public face of the program
- A commitment to academic excellence and achievement for all student-athletes in the program.
- Demonstrated ability to lead young athletes
- A highly tuned ability to communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills in organization, time management, and public relations
- A thorough knowledge of Cheer, Tumbling and Stunting
The WHS Junior Varsity Cheer Coach will be responsible for the following:
- Manage all aspects of the high school program including summer training, tryouts, practice schedules and routines
- Provide regular communication with parents/families/school personnel
- Regularly track the academic progress of all student athletes in the program and facilitate necessary supports to ensure their academic eligibility
The WHS Junior Varsity Cheer Coach reports directly to the Head Cheer Coach, Athletic Director, and Principal and/or their designee.
All coaches recommended for hire must complete the following prior to employment:
- NFHS Coaching Certification
- Completion of SafeSchools Coursework (annually) and other Bethel School District Requirements
- Fingerprinting/Criminal Background Check
- Completion of NFHS Concussion Certification (annually)
- Completion of OSAA Steroid Prevention Course (every four years)
- Completion of NFHS Heat Acclimatization and Heat Illness Prevention (every two years)
- Completion of OSAA Spirit/Safety Course
For more information regarding this position, please email Lance Haas, Athletic Director at Willamette High School, at email@example.com .
To apply, please follow the link to TalentEd Recruit and Hire
Bilingual candidates and candidates experienced in working with bilingual students and families will receive preferential consideration.
If you are an in-district employee and wish to be considered for this position, please indicate your interest in writing to Remie Calalang, Human Resources Director, by 4:00 p.m., May 26, 2017.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled