MEMO 179 – 1.0 FTE SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER ON SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT
Bethel School District is seeking appropriately licensed candidates for a 1.0 FTE Special Education TOSA.
A cover letter is required with your application. Your cover letter should address the following:
Successful candidates will:
- Firmly believe that all students will learn and improve
- Possess strong academic training and content knowledge to assist staff in implementation of sound instructional practices
- Serve as consultant to general and special educators, administrators, and other staff to provide understanding of and resources for working with students with disabilities
- Demonstrate exceptional understanding of special education compliance and be able to consult with teams in implementing best practices in special education instruction and compliance
- Assist teams and families in navigating special education processes
- Demonstrate knowledge of Resilience Building Practices, Restorative Practices, and Culturally Responsive PBIS
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Develop and implement professional development opportunities for staff
- Use data to inform instructional decisions
- Connect well with students, families, and the school community
- Be open to learning about others, especially those who may be different from you
- Incorporate feedback and professional learning into consultation and professional development for other staff
- Maintain collaborative and collegial relationships with all staff
- Participate eagerly in opportunities to learn, show a strong willingness to grow, and maintain an interest in improving
- Recognize students’ different needs, abilities, and interests, and be flexible to adjust to meet those needs, abilities, and interests
- Oregon Teaching License valid for assignment
- Culturally proficient skills and strategies
- Experience supporting students with autism
- Experience conducting Functional Behavior Analysis and writing Behavior Support Plans
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively collaborate with teams
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of CR PBIS multi-tiered levels of support
- Experience with coaching other staff members and modeling effective classroom management and behavior supports
- Familiarity and comfort with special education law
Bilingual candidates and candidates experienced in working with bilingual students and families will receive preferential consideration.
For information regarding this position please email Amy Tidwell, Special Services Director.
To apply, please follow the link to TalentEd Recruit and Hire
If you are an in-district employee and wish to be considered for this position please indicate your interest in writing to Remie Calalang, Human Resources Director, by May 17, 2017.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled