MEMO 137 – 1.0 FTE ELD TEACHER FOR FAIRFIELD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FOR THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
Bethel School District is seeking appropriately licensed candidates for the position of 1.0 FTE English Language Development Instructor for middle level students at Fairfield Elementary School for the 2017-18 school year.
A cover letter is required with your application. Your cover letter should address the following.
Successful candidates will:
- Firmly believe that all students will learn and improve – create a growth-mindset culture in the classroom
- Recognize and attend to the impacts of implicit bias
- Possess strong academic training and content knowledge to prepare students to be on track to meet academic goals
- Demonstrate good instructional practices that are engaging, organized and effective
- Use data to inform instructional decisions
- Connect well with students, families and the school community – be open to learning about others, especially those who may be different from you
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Incorporate feedback and professional learning into teaching practices
- Maintain collaborative and collegial relationships with building and district staff (be a team player)
- Participate eagerly in opportunities to learn, show a strong willingness to grow and maintain an interest in improving
- Recognize students’ different needs, abilities and interests and be flexible to adjust instruction to meet those needs, abilities and interests
- Oregon Teaching License valid for assignment, ESOL endorsement
- Culturally proficient skills and strategies
- Experience in an ELD classroom or work with English Language Learner students
Highly desirable qualifications:
- Bilingual, preferably Spanish/English
- Strong Knowledge of Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
- Strong Knowledge of Response to Intervention strategies
- Knowledge of Pearson’s Cornerstone ELD Curriculum
For questions email Carey Killen, Principal at Prairie Mountain School, at email@example.com
To apply, please follow the link to TalentEd Recruit and Hire
Bilingual candidates and candidates experienced in working with bilingual students and families will receive preferential consideration.
If you are an in-district employee and wish to be considered for this position please indicate your interest in writing to Remie Calalang, Human Resources Director by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 17, 2017.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled