MEMO 134 – VARSITY OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE LINE COACH AT WILLAMETTE HIGH SCHOOL
Bethel School District is seeking qualified applicants for an Offensive and Defensive Line Coach at Willamette High School.
A successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- High ethical and professional standards
- The presence to be a role model for high school student athletes
- A commitment to academic excellence and achievement for all student-athletes in the program
- Demonstrated ability to lead young athletes
- A highly tuned ability to communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills in organization, time management, and public relations
- Knowledge of football skills and drills, film analysis, and have experience putting a game plan together
- Must be willing to spend off season hours with OL working in weight room, skill development, and film review
The WHS Offensive and Defensive Line Coach will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing all levels of Line play (9-12th)
- Work closely with Varsity Coordinators as well as lower level coaches in the Program
- Provide regular communication with parents/families/school personnel
- Regularly track the academic progress of all student athletes in the program and facilitate necessary supports to ensure their academic eligibility
- Be available in the Off-Season to help with weight room supervision and youth development
The WHS Offensive and Defensive Line Coach reports directly to the Varsity Football Coach, Athletic Director and Principal and/or their designee.
All coaches recommended for hire must complete the following prior to employment:
- NFHS Coaching Fundamentals Certification (nfhslearn.com).
- Completion of Safe Schools Coursework (annually) and other Bethel School District Requirements.
- Fingerprinting/Criminal Background Check.
- Completion of NFHS Concussion in Sports Certification (annually).
- Completion of OSAA Steroid Prevention Course (every four years).
- Completion of NFHS Heat Acclimatization and Heat Illness Prevention (every two years).
- Completion of NFHS Engaging Effectively with Parents.
- Completion of NFHS Creating a Safe and Respectful Environment.
For more information regarding this position, please email Lance Haas, Athletic Director at Willamette High School, at email@example.com .
To apply, please follow the link to TalentEd Recruit and Hire
Bilingual candidates and candidates experienced in working with bilingual students and families will receive preferential consideration.
If you are an in-district employee and wish to be considered for this position, please indicate your interest in writing to Remie Calalang, Human Resources Director, by 4:00 p.m., February 2, 2017.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled