Welcome to Special Services. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions or concerns.
Special Services Resources
STATE REPORT 2013-14
The Oregon Department of Education recently released district reports of special education student performance and outcomes. A summary of Bethel’s results:
- The percentage of students in special education who graduate with a regular diploma in four years has increased from 34% to 40%; the percentage of students who graduated with a regular diploma in five years remained stable at 42%. The data reflect that the percentage of Bethel students in special education obtaining a regular diploma is increasing.
- The data show that Bethel more often serves students in in-district specialized placements, rather than referring high need students to out-of-district placements.
- Bethel continues to have State Assessment participation rates well above the State average rates.
- Bethel proudly continues a trend of not having disproportionate representation of racial and ethnic groups in special education.
- Bethel also continues a trend of not having disproportionate representation of racial and ethnic groups in specific disability categories.
- Bethel’s report further reflects that students in special education are not disciplined at a higher rate than students in general education.
Bethel’s Special Education staff is committed to providing every student with opportunities to learn and be successful. They continuously strive to grow professionally and take pride in imparting their knowledge and expertise on ensuring student growth.