Hello Clear Lake Families,
We are excited to share the District’s finalized plans to make up lost classroom time due to the six Snow Days and two Delayed Starts we’ve already experienced. These changes will allow Clear Lake students to recover meaningful instructional time without putting a big dent in family summer plans.
The new schedule is attached, and here are the changes:
- February 13 (previously a high school no-school day) will become a school day for all district students
- February 20 (Presidents Day) will become a school day for all students
- March 3 (previously a no-school day for K-8 students) will become a school day for all students
- Monday June 19th, and Tuesday June 20thwill be full school days for K-11 students (seniors will have graduated)
- June 20thwill now be the last day of school for students (it will be a full-day, not an early release)
- If we have additional Snow Days this winter they may be added to the calendar after June 20th
Please mark these changes on your calendar and plan to have your child in school on these days. All Bethel students will now be in the classroom for more hours than is required by the state, and we want to provide as much meaningful instructional time as possible. The cancelled school days have shown that each day of instruction is important for our children.
Thanks for your patience as the schedule was being reworked, and let me know if you have any questions.
P.S. Click HERE for a PDF Clear Lake calendar for the remainder of the year.
Important Dates To Know…
There are several important dates coming soon:
January 26: 11:55 dismissal for all grades, followed by Conferences
January 30: Teacher Inservice- No Students
February 3: PTO’s “Mixed Bag Designs” fundraiser
February 6-10: Box Tops for Education Contest
February 9: Kindergarten Orientation- 3:15pm & 6:30pm in the Library
February 13: “Mixed Bag Designs” fundraiser ends
February 15: State Exclusion Day- students who are not current on immunizations may not attend school. Click HERE for immunization requirements.
February 23: Clear Lake Literacy Night- 5:30 – 7:30pm
Three CL Staff Awarded BEF Grants
Jennifer Reiss were recently awarded Bethel Education Foundation grants. They each wrote a proposal that outlined how their project would benefit students. The Foundation reads the proposals fro all Bethel applicants and choose the projects they score as highest overall. Mrs. Reiss will purchase software to help students in the Life Skills programs at Clear Lake and Danebo with communication skills. Mrs. Forester will take students to Salem for a trip to the Oregon capital. Mrs. Cox will purchase another 6 chromebooks and Oz-bot robots for students to learn programming skills. Congratulations to all three for their work to improve the education of our students!
Hello Clear Lake Families,
We are happy to tell you that we have rescheduled the parent-teacher conferences that were postponed twice due to snow. These conferences are very important and we’re determined to provide the opportunity for you.
Our new make-up day for conferences will be Thursday, January 26th. Two weeks’ notice will allow families time to make arrangements with work or child care in order to attend their meeting. You are welcome to bring your child to their conference.
Here is more information about the rescheduled conferences:
- If you had an original meeting time scheduled for one of the previous Thursdays that were snowed out, you will keep that same time for January 26th. (A reminder notice will be sent home Jan. 17th.)
- If you were not able to schedule a conference time on the previous dates, or need to make changes to your conference time, please call the office at 541 689-0511.
- Your child’s On-Track For Success Report will be shared with you during your conference time.
- January 26th will be a half-day of school in order for teachers to meet with all the scheduled parents. Release time on January 26th will be 11:55am.
- Friday, January 27th, will be a regular full day of school.
Thanks very much for your continued patience. We look forward to a great turnout for conferences on January 26th and we’re counting on Mother Nature playing along this time!
In the interest of student and staff safety, all Bethel schools will be closed Monday, January 9th.
While conditions on the main roads have improved overnight, the neighborhood streets and sidewalks – and school parking lots – remain covered with ice and slush.
An announcement about Monday’s evening activities will be made later today.
All Bethel schools are on a 2-hour delay Friday, January 6th.
Buses will pick up students 2 hours later than the normal time.
With a 2-hour delay, start time for classes at Clear Lake will be 10:55.
A cold breakfast- starting at 10:30- will be available and lunch will be served at the regular times.
Dismissal will be at our regular time, 2:55.
Some side roads and sidewalks are slick, and caution is urged on the morning commute. Parents are encouraged to use their best judgement about their child’s school attendance.