- Please join us for our Cascade PTO meeting on November 4 @ 5:45
- We have a terrific group of parents this year and are looking forward to growing this team.
- Our Cookie Dough Fundraiser begins today!
- Students will be bringing home envelopes and flyers from school today that share additional information
- PTO uses funds raised to support our school community here at Cascade.
There have recently been confirmed cases of measles in Oregon, including one case in Lane County. Because measles is a serious and contagious disease, Lane County Public Health has provided a message for our families. Please click here and read this important information.
Alerta de sarampión
Recientemente se han confirmado casos de sarampión en Oregón, incluido un caso en el condado de Lane. Debido a que el sarampión es una enfermedad grave y contagiosa, Lane County Public Health ha brindado un mensaje a nuestras familias. Haga clic aquí y lea esta información importante.
By now, many of you have heard about additional funding coming to K-12 schools next year from Oregon’s Student Success Act (SSA.) This is exciting news! I want to share Bethel School District’s process for determining where those additional funds will be directed. Our process and plan is guided by requirements of the Act, these items in particular:
- Meet Students’ Mental or Behavioral Health Needs
- Increase Achievement
*A strong focus in equity has been defined by the Oregon Department of Education (ODE) as:
- “Education equity is the equitable implementation of policy, practices, procedures, and legislation that translates into resource allocation, education rigor, and opportunities for historically and currently marginalized youth, students, and families including civil rights protected classes.”
The ODE is directing districts to reexamine our systems and processes with a goal of closing the achievement gap among our students.
Fall Festival (Sponsored by CMS Music Council & PTO)
- When: Friday 10/25 @ 6:00-8:00pm
- Entry: $2 or 2 non-perishable food items
- Activities: Games, Food and Drink, Face Painting, and more
Spirit Week is the week of October 28th
School Cents at Valley River Mall
CMS has partnered with Valley River Mall to raise money for our school. Shop, dine, enjoy services or see a movie at Valley River Center, then submit your receipts to earn $200 to $2,000 for our school. School cents runs from October 1 through March 31. Our school earns at least five points per dollar spent. To view program information and submit receipts (click here).
Please join us for our next PTO meeting @ 5:45 in the library.