Hi Cascade Families,
We are excited to share the District’s finalized plans to make up lost classroom time due to the six Snow Days and two Delayed Starts we’ve already experienced. These changes will allow Cascade students to recover meaningful instructional time without putting a big dent in family summer plans.
The new schedule is attached, and here are the changes:
- February 13 (previously a high school no-school day) will become a school day for all district students
- February 20 (Presidents Day) will become a school day for all students
- March 3 (previously a no-school day for K-8 students) will become a school day for all students
- Monday June 19th, and Tuesday June 20thwill be full school days for K-11 students (seniors will have graduated)
- June 20thwill now be the last day of school for students (it will be a full-day, not an early release)
- If we have additional Snow Days this winter they may be added to the calendar after June 20th
Please mark these changes on your calendar and plan to have your child in school on these days. All Bethel students will now be in the classroom for more hours than is required by the state, and we want to provide as much meaningful instructional time as possible. The cancelled school days have shown that each day of instruction is important for our children.
Thanks for your patience as the schedule was being reworked, and let me know if you have any questions. 541-689-0641
Estamos muy contentos de compartir los planes finalizados del Distrito para reemplazar el tiempo perdido en el aula debido a los seis Días de Nieve y dos Retrasos que ya hemos experimentado. Estos cambios permitirán que los estudiantes de Cascade recuperen tiempo de instrucción significativo sin afectar demasiado los planes de verano de la familia.
El nuevo horario se adjunta, y aquí están los cambios:
- El 13 de febrero (anteriormente un día sin clases para la escuela secundaria) se convertirá en un día escolar para todos los estudiantes en los grados K-12.
- El 20 de febrero (Día de los Presidentes) se convertirá en un día escolar para todos los estudiantes
- El 3 de marzo (anteriormente un día sin clases para los estudiantes de K-8) se convertirá en un día escolar para todos los estudiantes.
- Lunes 19 de junio y martes 20 de junio serán días escolares completos para estudiantes de K-11 (los estudiantes mayores se habrán graduado)
- El 20 de junio será el último día de clases para los estudiantes (será un día completo; los estudiantes no saldrán temprano)
- Si tenemos días adicionales de nieve este invierno, pueden ser agregados al calendario después del 20 de junio
Por favor marque estos cambios en su calendario y planee que su hijo/a asista a la escuela en estos días. Todos los estudiantes de Bethel ahora estarán en el salón de clases por más horas que las requeridas por el estado, y queremos proveer tanto tiempo instructivo significativo como sea posible. Los días escolares cancelados han demostrado que cada día de instrucción es importante para nuestros hijos.
Gracias por su paciencia mientras el horario estaba siendo reelaborado, y esperamos que nos llamen al si tiene alguna pregunta. 541-689-0641
We are happy to tell you that we have rescheduled the parent-teacher conferences that were postponed twice due to snow. These conferences are very important and we’re determined to provide the opportunity for you.
Our new make-up day for conferences will be Thursday, January 26th. Two weeks’ notice will allow families time to make arrangements with work or child care in order to attend their meeting.
Here is more information about the rescheduled conferences:
- If you had an original meeting time scheduled for one of the previous Thursdays that were snowed out, you will keep that same time for January 26th.
- If you were not able to schedule a conference time on the previous dates, or need to make changes to your conference time, please e-mail or call the office (Sue.Thompson@bethel.k12.or.us, 541-689-0641).
- Your child’s On-Track For Success Report will be shared with you during your conference time.
- January 26th will be a half-day of school in order for teachers to meet with all the scheduled parents. Release time on January 26th will be 11:38am.
- Friday, January 27th, will be a regular full day of school.
Thanks very much for your continued patience. We look forward to a great turnout for conferences on January 26th and we’re counting on Mother Nature playing along this time!
In the interest of student and staff safety, all Bethel schools will be closed Monday, January 9th.
While conditions on the main roads have improved overnight, the neighborhood streets and sidewalks – and school parking lots – remain covered with ice and slush.
An announcement about Monday’s evening activities will be made later today.
All Bethel schools are on a 2-hour delay Friday, January 6th.
Buses will pick up Cascade students 2 hours later than the normal time.
With a 2-hour delay, the start of classes at Cascade will be 10:45
A cold breakfast will be available and a hot lunch will also be served.
Dismissal will be at our regular time, 3:00.
Some side roads and sidewalks are slick, and caution is urged on the morning commute. Parents are encouraged to use their best judgement about their child’s school attendance.
Un desayuno frío estará disponible, también se servirá un almuerzo caliente durante el día.
Los despidos escolares estarán en sus horarios regulares.
In the interest of student and staff safety, Bethel School District schools will be closed Thursday, January 5th due to the ice and snow. All evening activities are also cancelled.
Today’s K-8 Parent-Teacher Conferences are also postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
The City of Eugene has issued an ice-snow emergency, asking us to stay off the roads. And the forecast calls for frigid temperatures throughout the day Thursday, which means the slick driving conditions are not expected to significantly improve.
This will be the 5th Snow Day in Bethel and winter has only just begun. We have also had one 2-hour delay.
As a result, days will need to be made-up during the week of June 19th. The number of make-up days has not yet been determined, but please make plans now for all Bethel schools to be in session that week.