Oh, Say, They Can Sing

Under the direction of Christina Boorman, Cascade’s choir Vox Novus will sing the National Anthem at the Eugene Emeralds’ first game of the Northwest League season.

The Eugene Emeralds’ baseball season won’t begin until Vox Novus has sung.

The choir from Cascade Middle School has been invited to sing the National Anthem on the Ems’ opening night, June 15th.

Vox Novus – New Voices – was invited back after singing the anthem at an Ems game last season, following an audition. That was part of the Ems’ first championship season since 1975.

No audition was needed this time.

In fact, the students are also rehearsing Oh, Canada, the Canadian National Anthem, because the Ems will start the Northwest League season against the Vancouver Canadians.

One Response to Oh, Say, They Can Sing

• I just saw a section of the Cascade Choir perform Hallelujah (one of my favorite songs!) last night at the Bethel Talent Show, sponsored by the Willamette Tri-M chapter. It was an intricate arrangement I had never heard before- they were very, very good. My daughter is a former Cascade student and is a senior in WilHi’s Tri-M chapter- it was great to see such an awesome performance by her middle school choir. I hope these kids continue on in Willamette’s excellent choir program!